• Wallpaper Contest! [deadline April 25th]

Hi all,

As some of you have asked, we have decided to start a wallpaper contest. We’ll give you two months to send your proposals (so deadline is May the 25th).

We (Antergos devs) will make a first cut, then it will be you who will choose the best images that will be included in our iso and added to our antergos-wallpapers package (so they will be added as default wallpaper images to our distro). All creators names will be added in the antergos-wallpapers package.

The number of chosen images will depend on the number of submissions as well as their quality.

Submissions must adhere to the Creative Commons ShareAlike 4.0 license.
    Note: We think this type of license will give us freedom to add the wallpapers to our distribution. We’re open to choose another type of license, though.

We’ve created a flickr group for you to send your submissions:
    https://www.flickr.com/groups/[email protected]/

Our contest rules:
    It is important to note Antergos is shipped to users from every part of the globe. Your images should be considerate of this diversity and refrain from the following.

No brand names or trademarks of any kind.
    No illustrations some may consider inappropriate, offensive, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous.
    No sexually explicit or provocative images.
    No images of weapons or violence.
    No alcohol, tobacco, or drug use imagery.
    No designs which promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against groups or individuals; or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
    No religious, political, or nationalist imagery.

Your image should strive for subtlety and poetry.
    Regardless of the role or inspiration, the desired result of the successful submissions will render feelings which may be described as light, bright, or cheerful.
    Avoid high frequency images. ( A soft focus is one way to achieve this )
    As the name suggests, visually, it should settle into the “background” of the activity scene.
    Design should (but it is not mandatory) accommodate GNOME Shell top bar.

The final dimension should be 2560 x 1600 pixels.

Avoid text, it calls for attention too much and will likely look bad when scaled. Plus it can’t be translated easily.
    Be careful with small patterns, they might become uneven when scaled.
    Consider how the wallpaper will interact with the panels, icons and windows.
    Show restraint in your use of color tone and contrast. The wallpaper sets the scene for other elements, it is not the main act.

P.S. This is the first time we open a contest like this one. Please, feel free to give your point of view, we are open to suggestions.

• @karasu , :+1:
    It s time to see how many good designers/photographers we ve got in here:clap_tone1:
    DISCLAIMER: Unfortunately, I m not amongst them…:rolling_eyes:

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• i will post some of the one I intend to have participate in this contest. Some of the photos I made I had to use Gimp and I believe some also with Digikam photo adjustments.
    Will post probably 3-5 in a few days or so. Just really busy with business lately.

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

• This is an awesome idea. Thank you. Antergos has the best Devs.

Also, a very well written post.

• I think two months would be May 25th, no? Either way can’t wait to see the photos!

• This post is deleted!
  • @karasu et al:
    I have uploaded some of my intended photos for submission towards the contest onto the Flickr site.

Am not too sure if I should also upload photos for intended submission to the Antergos wallpaper contest to this thread (for voting?).

Or have submitted photo’s leave be at flickr site?

Anyways. Enjoy all. :)

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

• I have also uploaded my submissions.

Nexy time id prefer it if you didnt use filckr, because it makes you signup for yahoo, and they wont let you sign up without providing a valid phone number. Google voice numbers dont work.

• @Fedorai-Zomakaja said:

Nexy time id prefer it if you didnt use filckr, because it makes you signup for yahoo, and they wont let you sign up without providing a valid phone number. Google voice numbers dont work.

I’m sorry if this is an inconvenience. I really didn’t know that for uploading you should also create a yahoo account. As it seems impossible to change this, I’m open to use an alternative. Can anybody suggest another site/service to upload these wallpapers?

Thanks!

EDIT: Thanks both for your submissions. Modisc, I think that flickr is accessible for everyone, isn’t it? So I think that it’s unnecessary to post the images here, too. Obviously, you’re free to do it if you want.

• It’s not that big of a deal. I was just complaining.

But the forums would be a good place. And the images could be hosed at a site like imgur
    Or you could use deviantart, which is similar to flickr.

Sorry for complaining, it really wasn’t that big of a deal.

• As Fedorai Zomakaja said, I am not to keen on creating an account on Yahoo either. My contribution can be downloaded here.

• Depends on how the picture is licensed. By default (At least in the USA) all pictures are protected under copyright law and can not be used with out the artists permission. However,if the artist licenses the photo as public domain, or another license that allows commercial reuse with out attribution. its ok.

However, if you transform the work and use it non-commercially and credit the artist its technically ok. But still a gray area.

• ya i think you would need to sign up for yahoo and to post to flckr.

https://imgur.com seems fine to use and post the images in here. then we can view them all in the thread.

but like karasu says use what works best for you guys.

• I’ve added two pics. Hope you enjoy! :camera_with_flash:

• @Reo Is that photo made by you? Do you have it in hires? I don’t want to criticize your work, but I think that that photo (with the Antergos logo, if you want) would look better without the the surrounding green-gray color gradient. But hey, it’s just my humble opinion.

• No problem, the green-gray background was intended for the desktop icons, (if you not have to many of them).
    Here are the pictures without background and logo.
    Light
    Dark

• Soooo… yeah

• Hi all,

I have this list of contributors:

Fedorai Zakaja
    Modisc
    Xose M
    digoxinum
    Reo

I’ll create a CONTRIBUTORS file with your names and add it to an antergos-wallpapers-extra. Are you ok with it? And if you are, how do you want to appear in it? What I mean is are this names ok or do you prefer other/real names?

Thanks!

Posts 30Views 7360