• Like 0

issue with gthumb image viewer in xfce

Hi all,
    Manjaro user trying out Antergos with xfce. So far i like it very much but am having trouble with my image viewer gthumb. I have many jpgs where i have added exif information. Viewing this seems to be turned off by default in the version i get from the antergos repository. When i try to activate the program freezes. Is this a known issue. Work around? Does not happen in manjaro or arch. Many thanks!

• Like 0

@billwx said:

this seems to be turned off by default in the version i get from the antergos repository. Does not happen in manjaro or arch.

Hi
    What do you mean? Contrary to Manjaro, Antergos uses Arch s repos directly. Which version are you using? I don t know gthum myself, but I can see it is in the EXTRA repo as well as in the AUR…

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.04 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• Like 0

Using 3.4.2 from the Extra repository, a recent release of Gthumb. The repositories, including AUR look basically the same to me between Manjaro and Antergos.
    Tried uninstalling and reinstalling with the same result. Can you recommend an alternate xfce-friendly image viewer that allows viewing and editing exif? Thanks!

• Like 0

I can see that the latest version of gthumb is 3.4.2-1, not 3.4.2. Are you sure you are running the latest version?
    On XFCE I wouldn t dare recommend anything, as I ve never used it. Its default image viewer is ristretto, though and that s the default in Antergos.
    https://antergos.com/wiki/desktops/antergos-applications-list-defaults/

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.04 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

gthumb1 image viewer1 xfce37 Posts 4Views 401