• Update Breaks Pacman for me again

After Todays updates can not install anything again…
    After receiving today’s updates I had logged out then back in again and had 2 more updates Mate-Tweak & Transmission-remote-gui and keep getting package not found…Plus trying to install anything from Yaourt also returns a package not found Advice needed…
    Here is a error I get
    yaourt -S i2p
    /usr/lib/yaourt/util.sh: line 190: 16172 Illegal instruction (core dumped) package-query “${PKGQUERY_C_ARG[@]}” "[email protected]"
    error: target not found: i2p

• pacman -Syyu

Also, for future reference, could you please put your output using the proper coding tags. There is a sticky on how to do this.

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

• That was the first thing I tried
    0_1458076259324_Screenshot at 2016-03-15 15:09:36.png
    And as you can see the updates are still there and the same with "yaourt -Syyu"
    And if you would be as kind to send link when offering Code tags.

Regards

• ok. so the link is here: https://forum.antergos.com/topic/2165/how-to-add-code-to-a-comment
    it’s in the “newbie” subforum.

Secondly, are you doing this over a proxy server on your end?

Thirdly, I highly doubt that an update broke pacman.
    Pacman is not broke.
    Just because the error message reads that the file had trouble retrieving does not mean that Pacman is broke.

From your image, you can see that core.db was/is synced. If that database alone is synced or it downloaded to 100 % just like it shows in your image, then I can tell you that what is working are: Pacman and the majority of the databases.

What is not working is the Antergos.db from that particular mirror.

It’s really important to read the output carefully. Try to make sense of them as you read them.
    So when you read an error like that, it can means a couple of things.

1. the URL should be serviced by some other or different server. The 410 error is basically a dead end.
    2. You need an up to date mirror.
    3. the db that contains that or those files has been updated but the new files have not yet been propagated to the rest of the Arch users around the world. In other words, that particular repository that is in your image is telling you with that particular error output (410) that it no longer has a forwarding address.

The problem is upstream. It is not on your end.

Have you tried reflector ?
    Try installing it and you won’t have to forget about mirror lists any more.
    If you do decide to install reflector, you can then do what I do:
    reflector --verbose -l 5 --sort rate --save /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

You can change the " 5 " to " 10 " or " 20" or " 100 " if you like.

DO NOT interupt the process as reflector is doing it’s job to replace your mirror list. There is much more information on the Arch Wiki on Reflector. You can automate the update that reflector does or you can do it manually once a week if you feel like it.

If you don’t feel like working with reflector, you could try to uncomment some of the mirrors and see how that goes.

In the end, I have to say this. Pacman is weird in some ways when it want’s to download something and it tells you “no, I can’t do it because this mirror is down and out” ; however, that being said, Pacman is also smart if you read the output carefully and really try to make sense of things that it is giving you as output to read. That is why you have output there in your image. It is there for you to read and to understand.

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

• Thanks anyway nothing I did would remedy the in-ability to install anything…so for the first time in 10 years i had to do a reinstall but went pure Arch this time…I must confess that I was hopeful this forum would be a great asset
    to further learn Arch but that dose not seem to be the case instead I just seem to rub people the wrong way here…
    I find many other forums a great place to learn and discuss and even form lasting relations with other users…But here I just find a lot of Ego’s Alpha Dogs and folks that like to lead with their back hand.
    Now that dose not mean everyone here was that way but enough users to sour my taste for Antergos, well at least on the forum side. This is something I would highly discourage when raising my family.
    KInd Regards and best of luck.

• But here I just find a lot of Ego’s Alpha Dogs and folks that like to lead with their back hand.
    Now that dose not mean everyone here was that way but enough users to sour my taste for Antergos, well at least on the forum side.

The common goal here is working towards Antergos and inproving has a whole regarding the distro or for knowledge that can be taught here. I cannot look into your other posts has you did not make a profile, give yourself an identity :).

If you have an issue with a demenor or how something was said please don’t hesitate to message a staff member. We can rectify the issue and make everyone happy, we’re all in this together :).

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• @Wyn, his problem was clearly this ( from his 1st post)

yaourt -S i2p
    /usr/lib/yaourt/util.sh: line 190: 16172 Illegal instruction (core dumped) package-query “${PKGQUERY_C_ARG[@]}” “[email protected]”
    error: target not found: i2p

An issue Overdiscussed in the forum for over a week, right? So, if somebody is keen on learning, he would rather keep up with the fast changes of a rolling distro rather than accusing others of…egoism.
    I really pitty @Modisc for posting such a long & time-consuming help/answer, based NOT on the original package-query issue, but on a screenshot of a CL output which showed something different and irrelevant…

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• I was just looking up this problem myself (“I’m using Arch Linux though myself”) and because this is practically the only topic on the subject, there is an easy solution to this problem that I found. I’m not sure why everyone ignored the error in his output, but it’s clearly this line:

/usr/lib/yaourt/util.sh: line 190: 16172 Illegal instruction (core dumped) package-query “${PKGQUERY_C_ARG[@]}” “[email protected]

The solution? Just reinstall the package-query package, as that’s what causes this issue: a broken installation of package-query.

Posts 8Views 1393