• What happened to Antergos grub entry?

I remember some time ago, when using grub from another distro, Antergos was clearly listed on grub menu entries as “Antergos” (or something like “Antergos rolling”).
    Now all I get is a mere “arch1”, which is somewhat confusing when other arch systems are installed.
    I know on debian based systems you can change the grub menu entry name of a particular distro by simply modifying the distro description in /etc/lsb-release. But I couldn’t find such a file on Antergos.
    How can I get back my Antergos menu entry?

Intel NUC D54250WYK, 16 Gb RAM, 1 Tb SSD
    Multi -boot (no MS-Win &no UEFI) Legacy MBR with GPT

• @ant77 said:

I know on debian based systems you can change the grub menu entry name of a particular distro by simply modifying the distro description in /etc/lsb-release. But I couldn’t find such a file on Antergos.

On Arch-based systems the file you’re looking for is /etc/arch-release.

On native vanilla Arch the file exists but is empty. The user may put everything he wants into it.

On my current Antergos (probably installed from 2016.02.21 release) the file contains

Antergos Linux release 16.2 (ISO-Rolling)

So the problem is probably lies somewhere else.

Can’t help you here. I don’t use the bloated Grub 2 crap.

• @ant77 said:

After a cup of tea, thinking about the problem…

In case you have multiple Linuxes on your computer, are you sure to regenerate the grub.cfg in the Linux that actually boots the computer?

Say, the computer is booted by the Linux that resides in the partition /dev/sda8. But you believe that it is booted by the Linux that lives in /dev/sda12, and regenerate its grub.cfg. This will not yield any result. You need to regenerate the grub.cfg in /dev/sda8, in that distro.

Just a thought.

• @just said:

On Arch-based systems the file you’re looking for is /etc/arch-release.

Problem solved !!! no need to add anything :smiley:
    I just input ‘Antergos Linux’ on my empty /etc/arch-release, update grub and voilà!

Thanks!

Intel NUC D54250WYK, 16 Gb RAM, 1 Tb SSD
    Multi -boot (no MS-Win &no UEFI) Legacy MBR with GPT

Posts 4Views 920