• Possible Antergos review

Hi all,

in his recent KaOS 2016.01 review Igor Ljubanchich (aka Dedoimedo) writes that he also will be reviewing Antergos.

I’ve got some fundamental Linux techinical knowledge from his earlier articles. It still helps me a lot in everyday Linux life. For example, how Grub and Grub 2 work and how to manage them. I feel a max respect to Dedoimedo for his technical articles.

But in the last 2-3 years I find myself more and more frequently to disagree with his distro reviews. When he judges a distro as being bad, in my own experience the distro is good. And vice versa - when he appreciates a distro, I find it almost unusable.

Up to the point that I’ve developed for myself a new criteria - when Dedoimedo dislikes a distro it merits to be studied, 'cause it could be very good. And vice versa, again.

Honestly, I’m not very curious about his future Antergos review.

Just a very personal opinion. I realize that many may disagree with it.

• That’s why I don’t generally trust reviewers as nothing can match first-hand experience.

Also, I am very happy with my GNOME3 Antergos setup. I can never go back to Ubuntu/Debian based OSes after Antergos :)

• @just said:

Up to the point that I’ve developed for myself a new criteria - when Dedoimedo dislikes a distro it merits to be studied, 'cause it could be very good. And vice versa, again.

LOL I almost agree with you while there must be some little exaggeration in your statement.
    Dedoimedo reviews are funny, very personal and may sometimes even look a bit rude or offensive. It’s like having a talk, but one way talk… main drawback is that you can’t comment or say anything against what he says :rage:
    So when he states some nonsense it’s frustrating you can’t reply back or add some piece of information on his solo talk.
    That’s why I won’t rely on Dedoimedo reviews to actually make up my mind on a particular distro.

Intel NUC D54250WYK, 16 Gb RAM, 1 Tb SSD
    Multi -boot (no MS-Win &no UEFI) Legacy MBR with GPT

dedoimedo1 review4 Posts 3Views 649