• Possible mistake during installation.

Not long ago i clean installed Windows 7 on my laptop and the installed Antergos for dual-booting. The hole install-process went by without any problems, but when i tried to boot into windows usig grub, the screen just showed a bunch of horizontal, purple/blue lines and got stuck there. Some times (not often) windows manages to boot through grub but one once. If i restart and try again, i get the same dreadfull screen. When i now read dual-boot toturials, i see that some of them are saying that i should have put the /boot/efi on the ESP-marked partition that were generated by Windows. I did not do this… I only created a swap and a root partition, not a /boot partition. Antergos runs just fine, and when Windows boots, it also works just fine.

My question is now: did that mistake create the problem i now have, or are there some other reason?

In advance, Thanks!

• could be that the mistake you created is the problem you experience now.
    Am only taking it from what information you supply and how you describe your experiences.

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

Posts 2Views 279
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.