• Youtube + Flash Player/HTML5

Hi there,
    The youtube’s video player item disappears for me. (not always)

Don't forget to mark as [SOLVED], if your problem was solved!

• Hi there,
    The youtube’s video player item disappears for me. (not always)

• I don’t want you to think I was ignoring your post. I just have nothing useful to say on this. I tried google and even asked a few people at work. If I do eventually hear of anything related to this I will update you.

Cheers!

• Can you hear the video still playing? If so, I had the same problem (only youtube) and I started noticing that it was only when I had more than one tab open (almost always). Try dragging the tab to a new window, it should work again. I know it’s not a solution and it’s annoying as hell but I don’t have problems since I use Firefox.

Note: I don’t use Chromium a lot, but it has only failed like this under Antergos.

• @“ferras”:3k5048h4 said:

Can you hear the video still playing? If so, I had the same problem (only youtube) and I started noticing that it was only when I had more than one tab open (almost always). Try dragging the tab to a new window, it should work again. I know it’s not a solution and it’s annoying as hell but I don’t have problems since I use Firefox.

Note: I don’t use Chromium a lot, but it has only failed like this under Antergos.[/quote:3k5048h4]

You are right!
    If I use youtube on another windows with one tab the “player” is working.

• Still it’s unaceptable. I find it weird that it will not crash if its the only tab open.

• @“ferras”:exjcyneg said:

Note: I don’t use Chromium a lot, but it has only failed like this under Antergos.[/quote:exjcyneg]
    Which other linux distros have you not seen this issue in? I wonder what version of Chromium they are using?

@“I-sty”:exjcyneg said:

You are right!
    If I use youtube on another windows with one tab the “player” is working.[/quote:exjcyneg]
    Are you using google’s pepperflash plugin or the older final release of flash for linux from adobe?

• @“lots.0.logs”:31wiusw1 said:

Are you using google’s pepperflash plugin or the older final release of flash for linux from adobe?[/quote:31wiusw1]

I use this flashplugin with the latest chromium.

[[email protected] ~]$ pacman -Q | grep adobe  
    > [[email protected] ~]$ pacman -Q | grep flash  
    > flashplugin 11.2.202.332-1  
    > 

• @“lots.0.logs”:3bgks6o9 said:

@“ferras”:3bgks6o9 said:

Note: I don’t use Chromium a lot, but it has only failed like this under Antergos.[/quote:3bgks6o9]
    Which other linux distros have you not seen this issue in? I wonder what version of Chromium they are using?[/quote:3bgks6o9]
    I can remember 2: Ubutnu 12.04 and Linux Deepin based on Ubuntu 12.04. Version 25.0.1364.160 acording to this [https://apps.ubuntu.com/cat/applications/precise/chromium-browser/][0]">[https://apps.ubuntu.com/cat/application][1] … m-browser/

[0]: <a href=
    [1]: https://apps.ubuntu.com/cat/application

• Could you test it using chromium-pepper-flash-stable package from the AUR? Pepperflash is still receiving updates from Adobe thanks to google so it is at v11.9x while flashplugin will never go past 11.2x. You’ll either have to remove flashplugin or manually disable it in chrome://plugins in order to use the newer version. Let me know how it goes!

Cheers!

Posts 10Views 1106