• Update Manager not working

@herbie said:

downgrade

There is no downgrade program.
    none exists, so I cannot downgrade unless you show how to get downgrade.

I tried to remove pamac which closes itself, then yaourt pamac which worked to bring it back.

The pamac -Syu works fine from terminal, but the GUI still hangs on an empty busy cursor and does not work as it should or used to.

• said:

pamac-updater

If I do yaourt pamac and choose option 1 only then it seems to have fixed it. I think option 2 needs to be removed. At least now from Panel you can choose Update and it comes up right now with system up to date, and close button only. Option 2 is broken and needs to be removed.
    Option 1 removes the bad one and reinstalls the good one.

I further am making NO claims that I fied anything

• Thanks for the instructions here; worked like a charm!!

Best regards,
    Greg

• Confirmed solution, is
    Open terminal

yaourt pacman

Choose option 1 which will remove option 2, and replace pamac with option 1.

Did this, and got an update today and it is working.

• Thanks guys! However, I still cannot access the update manager OR add-remove after using the command “yaourt pacman” and entering Option 1. When I click on either icon I get the following error message…see image below!

Thanks, T

0_1456938878907_error.png

• The issue seems to be fixed. I updated pamac today to v3.2.0-1b6 and updating works like a charm again.

• Updating hanging / non-responsive:

0_1457025426864_Screenshot at 2016-03-03 12:15:49.png

Thanks,
    Greg

• @Ogre killed pamac-updater and started again (3rd time) and this time it updated completely / successfully! Again, thanks to all for their help!! Greg

• Marked as [Solved].

• Thanks guys for all the help! I was impatient and uninstalled Antergos for now, I am sure I will be back at another time. T

Posts 30Views 10183
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.