• Install in SSD + HDD

Hello friends, I have a laptop with 32G SSD and HDD 1T. I would like to know how would be the best possible installation with that feature.
    Additionally it is a ram i7 8G and I think that could leave Antergos (Gnome) as the only OS. Or maybe share with Opensuse to have KDE on that side.
    Thanks. Excuse my bad English

• @AleDoctots I’d place the / partition on SSD. Including /home. All user data files I’d place on HDD.

In /home I keep only user’s and environment’s config files. All my data files (docs, pics, vids, steam games and data, etc.) are kept in a huge separate partition(s), shared between all Linuxes installed here.

For example, my current fstab:

/dev/sda9  /    ext4 defaults,rw,relatime,data=ordered 0 1
    /dev/sda16 /1st ext4 defaults,rw,relatime,data=ordered 0 2
    /dev/sdb16 /2nd ext4 defaults,rw,relatime,data=ordered 0 2
    /dev/sda3  swap swap defaults                          0 0
    /dev/sdb3  swap swap defaults                          0 0

The / is 20G here. Two user data partitions, /1st and /2nd are 300G each.

32G are more than enough to keep / and /home (with config files only). All my roots (/) are 20G only, for about 6 years. Never had a problem with this config. If no user data files are stored there they are never occupy for more than 30-50% of space. Leaving a pretty much free space to allow a Linux to breath freely while it works. Remember the good old rule of thumb: to feel itself in good health Linux must have about 25% of free space in / partition. It creates, keeps, deletes various temporary, log, config files there while it runs.

Posts 2Views 799
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.