• Install in SSD + HDD

Hello friends, I have a laptop with 32G SSD and HDD 1T. I would like to know how would be the best possible installation with that feature.
    Additionally it is a ram i7 8G and I think that could leave Antergos (Gnome) as the only OS. Or maybe share with Opensuse to have KDE on that side.
    Thanks. Excuse my bad English

• @AleDoctots I’d place the / partition on SSD. Including /home. All user data files I’d place on HDD.

In /home I keep only user’s and environment’s config files. All my data files (docs, pics, vids, steam games and data, etc.) are kept in a huge separate partition(s), shared between all Linuxes installed here.

For example, my current fstab:

/dev/sda9  /    ext4 defaults,rw,relatime,data=ordered 0 1
    /dev/sda16 /1st ext4 defaults,rw,relatime,data=ordered 0 2
    /dev/sdb16 /2nd ext4 defaults,rw,relatime,data=ordered 0 2
    /dev/sda3  swap swap defaults                          0 0
    /dev/sdb3  swap swap defaults                          0 0

The / is 20G here. Two user data partitions, /1st and /2nd are 300G each.

32G are more than enough to keep / and /home (with config files only). All my roots (/) are 20G only, for about 6 years. Never had a problem with this config. If no user data files are stored there they are never occupy for more than 30-50% of space. Leaving a pretty much free space to allow a Linux to breath freely while it works. Remember the good old rule of thumb: to feel itself in good health Linux must have about 25% of free space in / partition. It creates, keeps, deletes various temporary, log, config files there while it runs.

Posts 2Views 465