• Brother MFC-J430W Drivers

I do realize that Brother drivers aren’t the easiest to install on Arch and Arch-based derivatives. I did try the one package available in the AUR for that model printer, however it didn’t work; it was detected, but I could not print the test page (or anything else for that matter.) So can someone please help me install Brother MFC-J430W drivers?

All replies are appropriated!

I can’t help you. I belong to a world where all is death. Your world of choices was not meant for me to interfere with.

• Thats not a PostScript printer but try installing with this PPD (maybe it could work).
    Can’t help you with the scanner :/0_1456615415396_Brother MFC-J430W CUPS.zip

/Edit: It is propably not going to work since Brother uses many filters and PostScipt wrappers…

Please give a feedback after you get help so the thread can be set to solved.

• Hi, i used the ubuntu(deb) drivers. I converted to pkg.tar.xz.
    My brother printer model is dcpj-152w and i use it by wifi(scanner works too).
    I don’t remeber the name of program to convert deb to pkg but google could help you.
    Thx

• @malaquita Hey man, I really appreciate the help. By any chance, was the program called Deptap?

• Yes was debtap. Remember check/add the users to the groups.

• @malaquita Thanks, but did you have to mess around with the uri?

• Thank you so much everyone. All I had to do was install the driver already in the AUR and chance the URI.

I can’t help you. I belong to a world where all is death. Your world of choices was not meant for me to interfere with.

• This post is deleted!
Posts 8Views 1056