• Libreoffice Writer has awful gradient in toolbar backgrounds.

See screenshot
    alt text

For the life of me, I can’t get Libreoffice Write to use the Breeze/Breeze Dark themes.

Has anyone else run across this issue in KDE Plasma? Is there a fix?

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain

Jesse DuBord
    FILMMAKER

• After a considerable amount of research, I was finally able to resolve this issue. Here was the process to fix:

You need to create, add, or uncomment this line in your /etc/profile.d/libreoffice-fresh.sh file:

export SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gtk

You can do so by opening a Konsole and typing the following: sudo kate /etc/profile.d/libreoffice-fresh.sh

The alternative options in libreoffice-fresh.sh are:

export SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gen

export SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=kde4

export SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gtk3 # currently broken and not available

Simply uncomment (remove the #) for the one you want to choose. THEN LOG OUT AND LOG BACK IN (which I wasn’t doing, initially, so it didn’t look like this fix was working. Once I logged out and logged in, the problem was fixed)!

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain

Jesse DuBord
    FILMMAKER

• This was bugging the crap out of me for a few days now, your solution fixed the problem nicely, Thanks!!

• Mine does this with certain themes! Thank you!

• Muchas gracias, no sabía como arreglarlo.:+1:

• @jesse.dubord Thank you very much! Your tip solved this problem here.

• You bet, all. Happy to help! :)

Jesse DuBord
    FILMMAKER

Posts 7Views 3105