• PSA: LibreOffice causes installer error

Selecting LibreOffice in the list of additional stuff during installation will cause the installer to quit with error “cannot create download package list (metalinks)”. I checked /tmp/cnchi.log and apparently it can’t find the LibreOffice packages. Until this is fixed, for the time being deselecting LibreOffice should allow your install to progress - it did mine.

• Thank goodness! I was halfway through installing when I saw this post. Good thing I didn’t select it.

I can’t help you. I belong to a world where all is death. Your world of choices was not meant for me to interfere with.

• @drawyoursmile Don’t you have that log by any chance? I want to see exactly which packages Cnchi couldn’t find. Oh, and which version you were running. That’s all in the log.

Thanks!

• Cnchi version 14 (self-updated) from antergos-2015.12.29-x86_64.iso. I apologize, but I didn’t save the log - the moment I saw libreoffice mentioned I redid the setup with it unchecked and it worked.

• Just to confirm, I also have this issue when installing Antergos. I live in the UK, maybe a mirror issue?

• Hmm. Italy here, but I set my locale as English(UK) because there’s software that’ll switch to Italian if I set it correctly and I hate that. Perhaps there’s a connection.

• I have an installation log, it seems like the issue occurs when you select GB region:

2016-03-01 23:52:44 [INFO] slides.py(242) manage_events_from_cb_queue(): Getting package list...
    2016-03-01 23:52:44 [INFO] slides.py(242) manage_events_from_cb_queue(): Creating the list of packages to download...
    2016-03-01 23:52:55 [ERROR] metalink.py(124) create(): Can't find these packages: libreoffice-fresh-en-gb 
    2016-03-01 23:52:55 [ERROR] download.py(145) create_metalinks_list(): Error creating metalink for package libreoffice-fresh-en-gb. Installation will stop
    2016-03-01 23:52:55 [ERROR] download.py(177) create_metalinks_list(): Can't create download set. An exception of type InstallError occured. Arguments:
    ('Error creating metalink for package libreoffice-fresh-en-gb. Installation will stop',)
    2016-03-01 23:52:55 [ERROR] process.py(129) run(): 'Cannot create download package list (metalinks). Check log output for details.'
    2016-03-01 23:52:55 [ERROR] process.py(133) run(): Traceback (most recent call last):
    2016-03-01 23:52:55 [ERROR] process.py(133) run():   File "/usr/share/cnchi/cnchi/installation/process.py", line 94, in run
        self.create_metalinks_list()
    2016-03-01 23:52:55 [ERROR] process.py(133) run():   File "/usr/share/cnchi/cnchi/installation/process.py", line 84, in create_metalinks_list
        raise misc.InstallError(txt)
    2016-03-01 23:52:55 [ERROR] process.py(133) run(): misc.extra.InstallError: 'Cannot create download package list (metalinks). Check log output for details.'

Using US locale instead of GB or installing LibreOffice manually after the installation does the trick.

• @Sviborg Thanks for the info!
    It’s in my TODO list… I’ll fix Cnchi asap.

That’s odd. I’ve checked package name and it’s ok. Package is called libreoffice-fresh-en-GB so it should work.

• @karasu hmm, strange, I have replicated it several times before capturing the log. I am going to reinstall Antergos on my secondary machine soon and will try get more info. Maybe it was temporary or specific to particular ISO?

Posts 9Views 1032