• Screen blanking still not working

Hi. Using Antergos, new install with Gnome desktop. I’ve set screen locker to blank the screen after one hour, but the screen doesn’t blank. I also have power settings to blank after 15 minutes, the maximum allowed. I really do miss xscreensaver, and it shows xscreensaver installed, but no access to the extras that are necessary.

Is there some way I can coordinate the darned thing so that I can get screen blanking to work? Thanks.

• This post is deleted!
  • @Jeffrey-Needle said:
    " I’ve set screen locker to blank the screen after one hour, but the screen doesn’t blank. I also have power settings to blank after 15 minutes",
    Hi. There three ways to do what you want.

1. DISABLE Gnome s system power settings (set it to “never”). in order to get your light screen locker settings activated. You can t have them both running.
    2. If you prefer to use only the Gnome power settings you need to switch from Antergos default Lightdm desktop manager to the Gnome s GDM. In this case, you forget all about the light locker settings of course.
      You can forget about the previous two ways and intal the turn off display extention and turn on/off your screen manually, whenever you want.
      https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/897/turn-off-display/
    • You can call xscreensaver from terminal. running this command
      xscreensaver &
  • Thanks to all for your help.

• I dont even use LightDM since I use Xscreensaver.

Together they conflict with each other.
    I just turn off display blanking in Power managerment of the Settings Window.
    I dont prefer to lock either so I turned that slider off in there as well.

In Xscreensaver (under Screensaver in Settings) if you go under Advanced, it has a screen blanking, with 3 levels of settings, that you can check the box to enable and adjust the timings in there. I prefer that.

I have discovered SOME applications such as VLC and Chromium/Chrome when left open often prevent the display to turn off, so that you don’t end up having to wiggle mouse or hit a key to wake it up when for example your playing a movie or watching an online video.

Posts 5Views 1057
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.