• Where did "nvidia-settings" go?

Hmm… I went to run “nvidia-settings” and I can’t find it. Not from the command line or within gnome. Don’t see anything on the Arch Wiki that it moved.

I have this installed:
    $ sudo pacman -Q nvidia
    nvidia 361.28-1

And these items which start with “nvidia-”
    $ nvidia-
    nvidia-bug-report.sh nvidia-cuda-mps-server nvidia-modprobe nvidia-smi
    nvidia-cuda-mps-control nvidia-debugdump nvidia-persistenced nvidia-xconfig

It’s not here anymore…

• @reefland said:

Hmm… I went to run “nvidia-settings” and I can’t find it…

Do you have a single-GPU Nvidia card or a double-GPU (hybrid) Nvidia Optimus?

In case you have the latter, its installation has heavily changed recently. nvidia-settings utility is not installed anymore by dependencies, as it was in the past. Many other things are changed. Antergos Wiki Bumblebee article is about to be heavily modified.

nvidia-settings (for Nvidia Optimus) must be installed explicitly now:

sudo pacman -Syu nvidia-settings

Good luck.

• @just i have a question, i have xorg.conf.nouveau in bumblebee folder, but i install, as tutorial says, xintel drivers, have i to remove noveau for xintel drivers works?

Thanks.

• @alaguna I don’t quite understand what are you asking about, and stil don’t know if you have an Nvidia Optimus.

If you’re speaking about one of the Bumblebee configuration files, the file

/etc/bumblebee/xorg.conf.nouveau

then the answer is No. Do not delete this file.

At the same time, if you use only Intel and Nvidia drivers, then nouveau driver may be safely removed from the system:

sudo pacman -R xf86-video-nouveau

I do it always, even before installing Bumblebee.

Please, try to be more specific with your questions.

• @just The secon answer is for my question. Thanks!

• @just said:

I have a single GPU Nvidia. You stated the nvidia settings needed to be explicitly installed for a hybrid, which implies it does not for a single GPU. This is not a new install, I’ve been running this for a year or two and the nvidia settings used to be part of the driver which is why I’m surprised it does not appear to be included anymore… or got removed as part of a recent upgrade.

• @reefland said:

@just said:

I have a single GPU Nvidia. You stated the nvidia settings needed to be explicitly installed for a hybrid, which implies it does not for a single GPU.

The conclusion is wrong. It means only that i do not have single-GPU Nvidias, so can’t say anything about them.

nvidia-settings always worked and continues to work for both single and hybrid cards. But I don’t know how it is installed for simple Nvidias. I do know only how it is installed for hybrids.

This is not a new install, I’ve been running this for a year or two and the nvidia settings used to be part of the driver which is why I’m surprised it does not appear to be included anymore… or got removed as part of a recent upgrade.

Again, I can’t speak about single-GPUs. For hybrids the dependencieas are changed recently. While in the past nvidia-settings was installed automatically on hybrids, along with the drivers, it is not the case anymore.

nvidia-settings was born and works perfectly for single-GPUs. It’s up to you to find out how it is installed now.

• Turns out can just install it directly now, this worked.
    $ sudo pacman -S nvidia-settings

Thanks for the clues.

• @reefland Yes, i have install these package for bumblebee nvidia settings.

Posts 9Views 1459