• Get back antergos login screen (lightdm, i guess)

I was experimenting with my setup when I, let’s say accidentally, remove lightdm and installed & enabled gdm with the following command:
    sudo pacman -Rcc lightdm
    sudo pacman -S gdm
    sudo systemctl -f enable gdm

Now I’ve tried reintalling lightdm hoping to get default antergos login screen running the same commands, obviously inverted, but it doesn’t work, but after reboot i cant login to my computer because neither gdm or ligthdm are enabled, help please

• @mirielorella It wasn’t enough just to uninstall lightdm. It was | is also necessary to stop and disable its service (daemon).

As far as I understand, you have both lightdm and gdm services enabled right now. To stop lightdm only:

1. Boot into bash console with
      systemd.unit=multi-user.target

2. Login and issue the commands
      sudo systemctl stop lightdm  -- it could fail; don't bother
      sudo systemctl disable lightdm

3. Reboot
      sudo shutdown -r now

This should leave only gdm enabled and running. Hopefully, the system will permit to login with GDM after reboot.

Good luck.

• @mirielorella Even if you do not get a DM screen you probably get the console screen asking for your login name and after that your password. (you won’t see your password printed)

The you should get a line with your name and $.
    Here you have to give a command to start your DE. try:
    $ startx **
    if you use Xfce ** $ startxfce4

If you are sure you have also installed the lightdm-theme try:

S sudo systemctl enable lightdm --force

If you also removed the theme you should try to reinstall it. Personally I prefer to use yaourt.

$ yaourt lightdm or $ yaourt lightdm-webkit-theme-antergos or lightdm-webkit2-greeter

Using pacman: $ sudo pacman -S lightdm-webkit2-greeter

The advantage of using yaourt is that you can see the different choices you have. There are several themes you could use I guess.

Choose the number corresponding with the theme you want to use.

Never to old to learn.

• @just @axioma thank you! I was able to login and enable GDM, and once I was able to enter my DE I installed and enabled LigthDM with antergos theme, wich is exactly what I wanted!
    Cheers

• @mirielorella Thank you for marking the topis as [Solved] :clap: .

• @just thank you for being awesome, you have helped me like one million times already, cheers!!

Posts 6Views 1107