• Put Gnome as default in desktop select Login Screen

Hi guys, how are you?

in relation about the wayland post i have a minor bug that i want solve.

I had Gnome with Wayland as default desktop and i have to change every time it manually, doen’st matter that all time i init session in Gnome, normal Gnome, every time that i’m in login screen i have Gnome with Wayland by default, how can i put Gnome as default deskptop?
    Thanks.

• Well, in my experience, the switch between GNOME & GNOME ON WAYLAND has always been a bit tricky. It has always been forgetting the setting and it could remember my selected default setting on the 2nd/3rd time I powered on my machine.
    *I read about your issue in other topics you opened and I can see your issue with the last WAYLAND update. I didn t have this, myself (was able to login) but I did NOT check if WAYLAND has become default. . I will check it now, out of curiosity.
    I have read that this will be a choice in GNOME 3.20 and that FEDORA are struggling to make WAYLAND default in their new release.

• Ok, I checked it out (GDM). Nothing has changed after the Wayland update. neither its…stubborn behavor. It still doesn t “remember” if you change setting ftom GNOME to ON WAYLAND and vice versa. Not until you reboot a couple or so times (or firing the system)…😆

• @anarch ajjajajaja, i’m using lightdm, because Antergos Login Screen. I rebooted this pc many times until yesterday and show me Gnome with Wayland by default yet.

• So, what did you do? Did you switch to GDM to check Wayland s behavor, did you manage to solve the problem elsehow?

• *I was also using Antergos s LightDM which is beautiful whereas GDM is just a grey ugliness.
    When I started using Wayland though, I switched to GDM because I wanted the Gnome s default power managemet settings for my laptop, in fear of system crashes (so I have read at least, did not take the risk of trying it out).

Posts 6Views 1681
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.