• Xfce

I’m planning to install antergos on my desktop but one thing is not clear for now. When i choose xfce is this the default xfce or has it the whisker-menu?
    Otherwise i take the gnome when there is no whisker menu.

Intel Xeon cpu W3565 @ 3.2 GHZ, 10 GB ram: Antergos-DDE
    AMD FX-8120 Eight-Core @ 3.1GHz, 16 GB ram: Deepin 15.04

• I’m planning to install antergos on my desktop but one thing is not clear for now. When i choose xfce is this the default xfce or has it the whisker-menu?
    Otherwise i take the gnome when there is no whisker menu.

• Not installed antergos for the moment, i have downloaded 2 images, the stable and testing release both failed to install.
    2 dvd’s i have burned, image on usb-stick nothing helps. The graphical as cli-installer hangs?

• Hi,

Sorry to hear that. If you could post the log output I’d be glad to help figure out and fix the issue. Exit the installer when it first appears and launch it from terminal with this command:

sudo cnchi -dv

That command will ensure no information is left out of the log. Once you reach the point where it hangs, you can find the log from /tmp/cnchi.log and paste it here.

Best Regards,

• @“lots.0.logs”:jg4p5sxm said:

Hi,

Sorry to hear that. If you could post the log output I’d be glad to help figure out and fix the issue. Exit the installer when it first appears and launch it from terminal with this command:

sudo cnchi -dv

That command will ensure no information is left out of the log. Once you reach the point where it hangs, you can find the log from /tmp/cnchi.log and paste it here.

Best Regards,[/quote:jg4p5sxm]
    I have now manjaro installed and throw away the iso-file of antergos in the trash and deleted it.
    Could you give me a link of a iso-file that work?
    best regards

• I ran some tests earlier and I am not able to reproduce the issue so the problem is not the ISO. Of course it never hurts to use an ISO with more recent package versions. We have weekly testing iso’s that are automatically generated. These images represent the current state of development and are for the purpose of finding bugs before the next release. We make them available to the public so if you would like you can find them here: [http://mirrors.antergos.com/iso/testing][0]">[http://mirrors.antergos.com/iso/testing][1]

Cheers!

[0]: <a href=
    [1]: http://mirrors.antergos.com/iso/testing

• ok, thank you download is running, but again to my question, when i install the xfce is this gonna be with or without the whisker-menu?

• Sorry, I’m not very familiar with xfce so all I can really tell you is that it is a standard xfce installation and only includes the components that are included by the xfce devs. Sorry I couldnt be of more help.

Best Regards,

• I’ve just installed XFCE DE and it’s without the Whisker menu by default - though it’s available to install through AUR.

Lenovo H50-50 Sharkbay, Intel® Core i7 4790 Haswell CPU @ 3.60 GH, 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 720, 8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Antergos 64-bit, 2GB WDC (SATA), 3GB TOSHIBA (SATA).

Posts 9Views 3296