• NVIDIA Vulkan drivers

https://developer.nvidia.com/vulkan-driver

I suspect Arch will have these in the repo before too long. I’m stuck at work and cannot fiddle with it. T_T

Anyone had luck installing the beta driver yet? What steps did you take? Did the samples run?

I’ll update this with my progress later.

• Well then. I did bad things. I uninstalled my drivers that came from the repo and ran the installer provided by NVIDIA. But it failed part way in, and then my desktop environment would not start. So, I uninstalled it, restored the drivers from the repo, and I’m back up and running.

Any insight on the proper order of operations to take? I recall having decent luck installing drivers straight from NVIDIA back in my Ubuntu days. Apparently, it’s a little trickier in Arch.

• I plan to wait for the Nvidia Vulkan drivers to show up on the Arch repo’s or even the Aur before diving in.

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• @Wyn Yeah, that’s my new plan. I’m playing with Vulkan in Windows for the time being. Everyone needs time to organize and stabilize things. I need to learn the API for now anyway. XD

Posts 5Views 1738
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.