Greetings.

I’m a new user of Antergos and everything is working perfectly, but i have a problem with my scanner - Panasonic KX-MB1520.

I have installed the driver from the producer’s website and installed it in the same way as in other distros. After installation I get messages, that installer is unable to create file

‘/etc/init.d/panasoniclpd-init’

because there isn’t such file, and can’t create symbolic links to following files:

‘/etc/rc2.d/S80panasoniclpd-init’
’/etc/rc3.d/S80panasoniclpd-init’
’/etc/rc4.d/S80panasoniclpd-init’
’/etc/rc5.d/S80panasoniclpd-init’

After this I decided to continue and added the lines in 49-sane.rules.d file, as in other distros:

Panasonic MFS scanners

ATTRS{idVendor}==“04da”, ENV{libsane_matched}=“yes”

In other distros after this i could scan, but here I’m not able to do this. In Sabayon Linux I’ve get the same messages during installation of the driver, but after adding the line to the file and rebooting I was able to use scanner without problems and I think that it is possible in Antergos too, but I have no idea, what I can do. I’m not an advanced Linux user and I can’t solve more complicated problems like this.

Could someone tell me, what to do, step by step? I will be very grateful for help, because I use scanner everyday and have to solve this problem as soon as it is possible.