• Cannot boot into Antergos (Intel Skylake)

Hi,
    I owe a Skylake laptop and I am not able to install Antergos on it. Here you have the exact model: http://www.pccomponentes.com/asus_gl552vw_dm141_i7_6700hq_8gb_1tb_gtx960m_15_6.html

I managed to boot antergos on live USb using some flags:

nouveau.modeset=0 i915.preliminary_hw_support=1

then I have installed Antergos both with latest and LTS kernel. Nevertheless, I have not managed to boot none of them, when trying to boot I get a black screen with the mesage “starting version 228”.

I also tried to modify grub by pressing “e” on boot and add the same parameters I entered on live USB, but it did not work.

Any solution?

• Same error here, black screen with “Starting version 228” after fresh install. Also tried base install, changing language and deskptop, all with same error after boot.
    Laptop: asus gl552vw Intel® Core™ i5-6300HQ Quad-Core, NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX960M 2GB GDDR5 VRAM.
    Linux Mint and Windows 10 works perfect, but I really love Antergos :(

• I have a similar laptop (Dell inspiron 7559, i7-6700hq gtx960m) and at the grub boot menu press “e” and add the word “nomodeset” to the end of the boot line.

• well was there any installation issue , because i installed antergos for a friend of mine with same issue and there was no problem after no mode set and since it stuck at reading your partition i assume there might be some issue with bootloader or partitionig.

• @scottdangel said in Cannot boot into Antergos (Intel Skylake):

I have a similar laptop (Dell inspiron 7559, i7-6700hq gtx960m) and at the grub boot menu press “e” and add the word “nomodeset” to the end of the boot line.

@han2007 said in Cannot boot into Antergos (Intel Skylake):

well was there any installation issue , because i installed antergos for a friend of mine with same issue and there was no problem after no mode set and since it stuck at reading your partition i assume there might be some issue with bootloader or partitionig.

I tried what you say when I tried to install it, but got the same error. Maybe it was an issue during installation, or you tried a newer version of Antergos. I think it can be a BIOS issue because I needed to update it in order to be able to run fedora without problems.

I think I will keep using fedora for a while, but just in case someone has the same problem… can you share which version are you using?

• @cristina-sbarreiro the cnchi version was 0.14.68, i mentioned in another post that the installing with cnchi is a little tricky due to an automation process . i advise to wait a few minutes to cnchi checks for updates , lshw and other processes you can also use “cnchi-dev” i use this command when i couldn’t install with a regular installer

• What’s going on here is probably an issue with c-state support on recent Linux kernels until recent patches available in 4.4.7 and 4.6rc1 and I think 4.5.1, none of which are currently available in the repos. (It causes the system to crash hard the first time it tries to go into a high c-state). A workaround is to disable deep levels of power saving with intel_idle.max_cstate=7 as a kernel parameter.
    Bug report: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=109081

This will harm power efficiency somewhat, but can be worked around with once the system is installed a manually compiled if you feel up to it, or you can wait until the fixed version makes it to the repos.

Posts 7Views 2215