• ndiswrapper/Broadcom issue

After 2 weeks of looking through guides throughout the Internet, I sill haven’t found a solution. I’m currently using a Netgear3100v2 and trying to use it as a wireless adapter seeing as I can’t run an Ethernet cord through my house. I’ve installed everything perfectly and double checked that. The first time I connected to my Wi-Fi, it worked for a solid 3 seconds and cut off. It tells me that I’m connected and the connection is “active”, yet I can’t access the Internet at all. Sometimes when I boot my system, it gives me a percentage for the connection but doesn’t provide Internet, and sometimes it just lists the connection as “active”. The connection manager is now able to scan for networks around me which means that it recognizes the WNDA3100v2 unlike it did before, but no connection. It seems as though my computer is just messing with me at this point. Has anyone else run into this issue before, and if so could you help me? Thank you, Sticky :)

• @udpsticky said:

After 2 weeks of looking through guides throughout the Internet, I sill haven’t found a solution. I’m currently using a Netgear3100v2 and trying to use it as a wireless adapter seeing as I can’t run an Ethernet cord through my house. I’ve installed everything perfectly and double checked that. The first time I connected to my Wi-Fi, it worked for a solid 3 seconds and cut off. It tells me that I’m connected and the connection is “active”, yet I can’t access the Internet at all. Sometimes when I boot my system, it gives me a percentage for the connection but doesn’t provide Internet, and sometimes it just lists the connection as “active”. The connection manager is now able to scan for networks around me which means that it recognizes the WNDA3100v2 unlike it did before, but no connection. What I also find somewhat odd is that it only prompts me for the password of my wifi 1/10th of the time, and that’s when it says “connection 90%” instead of just “active”. It does prompt me every time I try to connect to other networks, but I know for a fact that the WNDA3100v2 and my internet are fine. It seems as though my computer is just messing with me at this point. Has anyone else run into this issue before, and if so could you help me? Thank you, Sticky :)

Posts 2Views 367