• Ad-hoc not working

Hi there,
    I’m trying to make an ad-hoc connection with nm-applet in mate desktop. the connection itself is created successfully, but it does not connect. and I get no errors to post in here.

package dnsmasq is installed.
    kernel: 3.12.3-1-ARCH

• Hi there,
    I’m trying to make an ad-hoc connection with nm-applet in mate desktop. the connection itself is created successfully, but it does not connect. and I get no errors to post in here.

package dnsmasq is installed.
    kernel: 3.12.3-1-ARCH

• How does it do without dnsmasq installed?

If it works fine, then it must be something with your dnsmasq setup. If that’s the case, this should help:
    [url:wv2hjggx]https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dnsmasq[/url:wv2hjggx]

The biggest thing is you will need ‘nameserver 127.0.0.1’ on the first line of your /etc/resolv.conf file.

Then you will also need to run these two commands:

systemctl enable dnsmasq  
    systemctl start dnsmasq

Hope this helps, and please keep us informed.

• excuse me for being late, I am very busy these days…
    and merry Christmas…

actually I couldn’t make it work without dnsmasq, I read somewhere to install dnsmasq, but again there was no chance. so I removed dnsmasq.
    could you please tell me what should I‌ do, or what packages should be installed to get a working ad-hoc connection?

• the connection itself is created successfully, but it does not connect.

Would you mind to give a little more explanation of what you mean by the above?

• I right click on nm-applet > edit connections. Then I add a new wi-fi connection, then change the mode to Ad-hoc.
    and the rest of the settings are as defaults:
    wifi security: none
    ipv4: automatic (DHCP)

Then I click on nm-applet > connect to hidden wi-fi network, and choose the connection I have made. nm-applet shows it’s trying to connect to that connection (the circle icon), but after a few seconds it stops and nothing has happened. then, when I look at the wifi list, that connection is listed there, but the wifi signal icon is gray.

Posts 8Views 1910
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.