• School blocks VPN

So I setup an OpenVPN server on digitalocean so I could have a little peace of mind while using my laptop at school. However, when I try to connect to my server at school it always fails. I’m assuming they are blocking a port it uses? Does anyone know a way I could get around this?

Thanks!

And sorry for the lack of details. My networking knowledge is quite limited.

Cheers! I don't know what I'm talking about!

• @Fedorai-Zomakaja

Have you tried other VPNs? This might be related to the one you are using.

Try picking one of the free trial ones here: VPN Comparison.

Let me know if one of the other ones worked!

• Some schools have ports on such a lockdown basis that unless you are a teacher or an admin you’re not getting access outside of the school’s “bubble.” I’ve seen some people proxy jump however as well as use webpages as a portal to bounce from other services. It all just depends on the level of security that’s in place. That or you could just use a school computer :P

• i agree with peter here maybe try some other services that might have better luck or options to get you through. lots of vpn services to choose from. im sure there is a way to connect. most schools or govt are not that smart when setting up systems in my experience :smile:

• @peter.numas Thanks for the link! I went ahead and went with Proxy.sh because it seemed like the most trustworthy.

And using it’s OpenVPN configuration tool I was able to configure it to use port 80 which is the HTTP port, and they cant block that.

Cheers! I don't know what I'm talking about!

• @Fedorai-Zomakaja said:

@peter.numas Thanks for the link! I went ahead and went with Proxy.sh because it seemed like the most trustworthy.

And using it’s OpenVPN configuration tool I was able to configure it to use port 80 which is the HTTP port, and they cant block that.

Well they could, but I doubt they would, haha.

Sorry for really late answer. Been super busy. Glad I was able to help you out!

• Hello Experts

How i access games site from school i try proxy and other things read on internet but not able to access sites like this https://sites.google.com/site/unblockedgames333/ can one guide me

Install Exodus On Kodi http://kodiexodus.net/how-to-install-exodus-on-kodi/

Posts 7Views 9020