• The Power of MATE

I installed the latest antergos into a VirtualBox, and I installed the MATE.

This is very good. I like it. Fast, stabile, very customizable…
    I create a screenshot.
    I use Cantarell font face (I love this font since I look at in the Gnome-Shell), elementary OS’s window border, Zukitwo GTK3 theme, and the Mate’s Faienza-Dark icon theme.

Don't forget to mark as [SOLVED], if your problem was solved!

• I installed the latest antergos into a VirtualBox, and I installed the MATE.

This is very good. I like it. Fast, stabile, very customizable…
    I create a screenshot.
    I use Cantarell font face (I love this font since I look at in the Gnome-Shell), elementary OS’s window border, Zukitwo GTK3 theme, and the Mate’s Faienza-Dark icon theme.

• I tried MATE a couple months ago and was very pleased with it. That’s why I added it to our roadmap for Antergos

Cheers!

• Is there a public version of the antergos’s roadmap?

• No not beyond what we release on the forums or on our blog. The current focus is on fine-tuning Cnchi while adding more useful features. We will be adding KDE very soon and then MATE shortly thereafter. Also we are just about ready to make the switch to lightdm official along with our own custom greeter theme. We are always finding ways to improve the project so there will be good things to come

Best Regards,

• Tips for the [b:1lqsxj49]mate[/b:1lqsxj49] edition/release:

[list:1lqsxj49][*:1lqsxj49]If you will not use the default zukitwo-themes package, your panel will not completely transparent. While I didn’t set the gtk theme to zukitwo I had this problem. I set the zukitwo theme, and I have no problem with the transparent.[/*:m:1lqsxj49]
    [*:1lqsxj49]The mate’s player, the MATE-MPlayer, is a very good media player based on Mplayer. The famous VLC didn’t play a mkv file without lagging, but this simple player did.
    [*:1lqsxj49] Set the default icon theme to Mate-Faenza-Dark, this will install, but did not this the default.[/*:m:1lqsxj49]
    [*:1lqsxj49] Remove the “-n” parameter from /usr/share/application/caja.desktop, because with “-n” the caja will not run from plank.[/*:m:1lqsxj49][/list:u:1lqsxj49]

Posts 6Views 934