• How to easily update from terminal?

I’m new to this distro, but have used Arch for a year or so (still a noob). If I use the pamac-updater it does it’s magic but it also gives me a few .pacnew files to take care of now and then but I don’ see the warnings before the window closes. Is it possible to run the pamac thing in terminal or do I have to ditch it and install package-query so I can use yaourt instead (or something else if you have a suggestion)?

• I am not quite sure if I got your question right. Why not using the terminal instead of pamac?

• I just thought maybe pamac handled things differently so I thought I had to use it instead of yaourt directly. Pamac is just to get a nice GUI then I guess :)

• YES! Exactly as you have guessed, pamac a a GUI tool of pacman. Personally, I only use it as an update notifier or to get advice on packages that I am looking for. But even then, I prefer installing them via pacman (CLI) not pamac (GUI)… 😄

Posts 4Views 2087
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.