• Installation Repos

I know you can follow the Arch wiki to setup local mirrors or repos but all I want is a local repo for what is used during an Antergos install. I have a few laptops I will be testing soon at work that I want to see which distro works best as a single use machine. I would like to use Antergos but since it pulls down the packages during install the process can take a long time. My last install took 4 hours on a 10mbps fiber line. I also want to test the installer but with the times being so long lately it would be painful.

So is there any recommendations for setting up an Antergos install repo or do I just need to use the Arch wiki to setup?

• I know you can follow the Arch wiki to setup local mirrors or repos but all I want is a local repo for what is used during an Antergos install. I have a few laptops I will be testing soon at work that I want to see which distro works best as a single use machine. I would like to use Antergos but since it pulls down the packages during install the process can take a long time. My last install took 4 hours on a 10mbps fiber line. I also want to test the installer but with the times being so long lately it would be painful.

So is there any recommendations for setting up an Antergos install repo or do I just need to use the Arch wiki to setup?

• I have a link which has an example case of what you are trying to do. First I want to point out that the installation should NEVER take that long if you are on a broadband connection (especially so with fiber). I have a 18MB connection and my installs have never gone over 30 minutes (and I have done more than I can count during testing) The mirror that is closest to you must not have very good bandwidth speeds or it could be too busy. The obvious solution would be to change mirrors manually but unfortunately that isn’t currently possible with way cnchi works. It’s something we will most certainly look into adjusting. In the mean time here is an example of using a local repo: [http://forum.antergos.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1252&hilit=cnchi+local+repository][0]">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1252&hilit=cnchi+local+repository

Cheers!

[0]: <a href=

• I’ve been a big believer in the KISS and installing only what you need with Arch but you guys are so responsive and have done such a great job I don’t mind having some extra packages. Thanks lots0logs!

I have noticed that Antergos has been moving up on distrowatch and I was wondering if the server I am pulling from is getting hit more cause it has always been a little slow but lately whether I am at home or work my installs are slow. The local repo will be perfect. I’ll get to testing the installer once I have that done.

• @“knuckleheadTech”:3sx41u1x said:

I’ve been a big believer in the KISS and installing only what you need with Arch but you guys are so responsive and have done such a great job I don’t mind having some extra packages. [/quote:3sx41u1x]

You are welcome

@“knuckleheadTech”:3sx41u1x said:

I have noticed that Antergos has been moving up on distrowatch and I was wondering if the server I am pulling from is getting hit more cause it has always been a little slow but lately whether I am at home or work my installs are slow. The local repo will be perfect. I’ll get to testing the installer once I have that done.[/quote:3sx41u1x]

Yes it’s very possible the mirror that’s closest to you is under a heavier load than in the past. Have you tried manually selecting a mirror? I use refelector on my machines. While technically speaking, it will not produce a list based on speeds to your computer (its based on speeds to Arch main server), I have always been happy with the speeds I get. Run it with this command: “sudo reflector -l 20 -f5 --save /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist” That basically downloads the list from Arch and keeps the 20 latest mirrors and then cuts it down to the fastest 5 out of those 20. Hope that will help you!

Thanks for being a part of Antergos!

Posts 5Views 1343