• Install on Optimus Laptop

I have been attempting to get bumblebee to install on my laptop. I have attempted a few different DE’s as well as both grub and systemd. I have followed a few different suggestions on how to get to work.

Basically what happens is after installing the nvidia stuff when i reboot it just boots into a blank black screen. I have not been able to get to anything after the install of these drivers including the tty.

If it helps in anyway i have to nomodeset to get into the live usb.

I as well have followed this guide on the wiki:
    https://antergos.com/wiki/hardware/graphics/bumblebee-for-nvidia-optimus/

• @caindrac How do you decide that you have an Optimus laptop? True Nvidia Optimus cards never require nomodeset parameter to boot normally (on Intel GPU).

What is the full output of the command

lspci -vnn | grep '\''[030[02]]'

And what is the full output of another command (run it in another Linux, if any)

inxi -Gxx

• This command is being run on the usb live img.

lspci -vnn | grep '\''[030[02]]'

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Device [8086:191b] (rev 06) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: NVIDIA Corporation GM204M [GeForce GTX 970M] [10de:13d8] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

I have not had linux on this machine only got it a few weeks ago.

inxi -Gxx

• @caindrac Hmm… Congratulations, you have a very recent GeForce GTX 970M Nvidia Optimus card.

I don’t have such a new card available for tests. The Wiki article was written using three older cards:

• GeForce GT 555M
    • GeForce GT 650M
    • GeForce GT 750M

I can’t be of much help for you, I’m afraid.

nvidia optimus10 optimus22 laptop21 black screen9 bumblebee23 Posts 4Views 649