• Live CD Problem

Hello,

I decided to try Antergos because I heard it is basically Arch Linux with a GUI installer, which was exactly what I was looking for. I downloaded the ISO, dd’ed to my USB and booted it up. So far so good. However, as soon as I log in, I get an error message that is similar to the following:

“A problem has occurred and the system can’t recover. All extensions have been disabled as a precaution.”

I am then given the option to only log out. Since, I don’t know the default password to log into a live USB, I can’t log in again. And since I am given an error almost as soon as I log in, I can’t even try/install Antergos.

While booting up, the only thing that I noticed “wrong” was that the B43 firmware was missing, but I doubt it had something to do with that.

Anyone else run into a similar problem?

• Hello,

I decided to try Antergos because I heard it is basically Arch Linux with a GUI installer, which was exactly what I was looking for. I downloaded the ISO, dd’ed to my USB and booted it up. So far so good. However, as soon as I log in, I get an error message that is similar to the following:

“A problem has occurred and the system can’t recover. All extensions have been disabled as a precaution.”

I am then given the option to only log out. Since, I don’t know the default password to log into a live USB, I can’t log in again. And since I am given an error almost as soon as I log in, I can’t even try/install Antergos.

While booting up, the only thing that I noticed “wrong” was that the B43 firmware was missing, but I doubt it had something to do with that.

Anyone else run into a similar problem?

• Hi,

What graphics stack does your system use? The error you are getting is most commonly related to graphics drivers. It’s possible that this can be corrected simply by updating the live system packages using pacman. To do this you will need to boot into multi-user mode using the instructions here: [http://forum.antergos.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1303&hilit=+systemd.unit#p4813][0]">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1303&hilit=+systemd.unit#p4813

Once you have logged in as root, run this command to update the system:

pacman -Syu

Now, continue the boot process into normal mode with this command:

systemctl isolate graphical.target

Please let me know if this helps or not!

Best Regards,

[0]: <a href=

• @“lots.0.logs”:65ss0n52 said:

Hi,

What graphics stack does your system use? The error you are getting is most commonly related to graphics drivers. It’s possible that this can be corrected simply by updating the live system packages using pacman. To do this you will need to boot into multi-user mode using the instructions here: [http://forum.antergos.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1303&hilit=+systemd.unit#p4813][0]">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1303&hilit=+systemd.unit#p4813

Once you have logged in as root, run this command to update the system:

pacman -Syu

Now, continue the boot process into normal mode with this command:

systemctl isolate graphical.target

Please let me know if this helps or not!

Best Regards,[/quote:65ss0n52]

I tried your instructions, but whenever I boot the USB, it boots straight into the Antergos menu, it skips GRUB. Therefore, your instructions weren’t very helpful

My computer is pretty old. It has Intel Integrated graphics, 1.2 GB of RAM and an Intel Pentium @ 1.6GhZ, so that may be the source of this problem in antergos. Considering that GNOME has a minimum requirement of 1GB of RAM, it may be possible that this is the problem. What do you think?

• I have the same problem. I have a [url:1rw4yqt4]https://www.system76.com/laptops/model/galu1[/url:1rw4yqt4], so Intel Iris Pro 5200 gfx.

After I get the extension error, I get the Welcome to Antergos screen with the three options, but no mouse pointer. If I just select “Try It” with the keyboard, it freezes there. So I can’t install it.

Edit - I tried booting into multi user and updating, but I couldn’t get network. I ran wifi-menu, connected to the wireless network supposedly, but still couldn’t reach the internet to update pacman.

• @“LedZeppelin”:3sh2srv0 said:

I tried your instructions, but whenever I boot the USB, it boots straight into the Antergos menu, it skips GRUB. Therefore, your instructions weren’t very helpful .[/quote:3sh2srv0]

I gave you the wrong link, for that I apologize. The instructions for use with the live image are here: [http://forum.antergos.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1275&hilit=+systemd#p4663][0]">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1275&hilit=+systemd#p4663 Also, try using our latest testing image: [http://mirrors.antergos.com/iso/testing/antergos-2013.12.02-x86_64.iso][0]">[http://mirrors.antergos.com/iso/testing][1] … x86_64.iso

@“LedZeppelin”:3sh2srv0 said:

I think I’ll have to move to another Arch-based distribution (was looking at Manjaro Openbox and Archbang, since I was going to install anyways). Are they similar to Antergos?[/quote:3sh2srv0]

There is very little difference between Antergos and Arch. When you install Antergos, you are getting a complete Arch installation using Arch’s official repos. That’s not the case with the other options you mentioned. The advantage of Antergos is our graphical installer which automates the entire process of a normal Arch installation. Operating on a rolling release model as we do, there will be times when things don’t function as intended. Of course we try to keep it to a minimum but it comes with territory honestly. We do our best to help our users in every way that we can. However, the other developers and I make all of our contributions to Antergos in our free time. At this point we are not capable of 24/7 availability although we would love to be.

I encourage you to checkout Arch and the other derivatives. I am confident that none of them will provide you with the same level of friendly community help/advice that Antergos provides. Please post any additional information you are able to gather if you would like to continue troubleshooting this.

Best Regards,

[1]: http://mirrors.antergos.com/iso/testing

• @“purplerhino”:27pq04k9 said:

I have the same problem. I have a [url:27pq04k9]https://www.system76.com/laptops/model/galu1[/url:27pq04k9], so Intel Iris Pro 5200 gfx.

After I get the extension error, I get the Welcome to Antergos screen with the three options, but no mouse pointer. If I just select “Try It” with the keyboard, it freezes there. So I can’t install it.

Edit - I tried booting into multi user and updating, but I couldn’t get network. I ran wifi-menu, connected to the wireless network supposedly, but still couldn’t reach the internet to update pacman.[/quote:27pq04k9]

Hi,

If you could, try using the testing image from my previous post. If it is not successful, the other link from that post has instructions on how to obtain logs so that we can see what’s going on.

Best Regards,

• I tried the test image antergos-2013.12.08-x86_64.iso. The extension crashing problem is gone and I’m able to reach the gnome desktop and run the installer now.

There’s one small problem still, if I click the “try it” from the try it/cli install/gui install window, the button gets stuck down and the window doesn’t close. Or if I say GUI install, but then hit close, same thing. So minor bug, but it seems like the installer works if I don’t try and close it, so it’s an improvement

• Hi,

There’s one small problem still, if I click the “try it” from the try it/cli install/gui install window, the button gets stuck down and the window doesn’t close. Or if I say GUI install, but then hit close, same thing.

You’re not the first to complain, but I’m afraid nobody in the dev team is experiencing this, so it’s really difficult for us to try to fix it if we can’t test it.

We’ve done some modifications in Cnchi (the Antergos Installer) lately (so it’s not released yet), hoping that will fix this issue.

If you don’t mind, I’ll ask you to test it when we release the new version.

Cheers!

• Sure no problem.

Posts 10Views 3031