• \[Booting kernel\] unable to mount

Hello,

When booting kernel from USB, I have this message:
    Unable to mount /dev/disk/by-label/None (or something like that)

And in /dev/disk/by-lable/ there is only SYSTEM

When created a symbolic link to SYSTEM called None the next step doesn’t work because it doesn’t match.

What should I do ?

thx in advance

• Hello,

When booting kernel from USB, I have this message:
    Unable to mount /dev/disk/by-label/None (or something like that)

And in /dev/disk/by-lable/ there is only SYSTEM

When created a symbolic link to SYSTEM called None the next step doesn’t work because it doesn’t match.

What should I do ?

thx in advance

• What did you use to make the bootable USB? It sounds like it did not write properly (this happens occasionally). Just rewrite the USB. At present time UNetBootIn does not work with Antergos ISOs. The easiest method to use is dd from command line. Not sure on your experience level so here is a step by step.

1. Navigate to the directory that you saved the ISO using Files (Nautilus)
    2. Right click on the ISO file and click copy.
    3. Right-Click anywhere in the white space (Not directly on file) then click "Open in Terminal"
    4. Input (without quotes) “sudo dd if=” Now press CTL+SHIFT+V to paste the ISO that you copied and delete “file://” from beginning.
    5. Input “of=/dev/sdb” (Where sdb is your USB device name, if you only have the one device plugged in then it will be sdb)
    6. Hit enter and let it copy! You will not see any status update until it completes, only a flashing cursor. Be patient

Here is the complete command:

sudo dd if=/path/to/file.iso of=/dev/sdb

Good luck!

• Thanks for your reply

I made the USB on windows with unetbootin and I tried whith uniersal USB installer.
    I will try on Linux.

keep in touch

• Glad to help. The only Windows program that I was ever successful in making a bootable USB that boots on a linux machine is LinuxLive USB Creator. I couldn’t tell you why that is but its something to keep in mind!

• @“nsvir”:12lmkh1h said:

I made the USB on windows with unetbootin and I tried whith uniersal USB installer.
    I will try on Linux.[/quote:12lmkh1h]

Nsvir,

I used Unetbootin on Windows 7 to create my live USB. I also had a problem as you describe, Faidoc pointed me to [url:12lmkh1h]https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/USB_Installation_Media#Using_UNetbootin[/url:12lmkh1h] where if you go about half way down the page, to where it says “Using Unetbootin”, what you will have to do is update the syslinux.cfg file. Unetbootin overwrites the Antergos .cfg file and mucks up the installer. Update the syslinux.cfg file with what is listed on the link and you should be booting from your USB in short order. Once I made the update, saved and rebooted, Antergos loaded right off the USB. Hope this helps!

Posts 6Views 1646