• Hi everybody

I didn’t know where else to post this, so I figured the newbie corner would make a good spot to introduce myself.

I’m David and I’m from Michigan but live in eastern Germany. I’ve been using Linux since December of last year, and using arch since about a week after I made the switch.
    I have a normal, boring job, that has nothing to do with IT. In my spare time, however, I like to program in python (mostly games and GUIs) and I’m on the development team for LSD Linux (which always has sda1 and sda2 on my main HDD).
    I consider myself an intermediate Linux user. If someone has a problem, they can ask me. And if I don’t know the answer myself, I always know where to find it.

Installed antergos with gnome yesterday and was amazed at how fast it boots. I’ve never had much luck with gnome in the past but this installatiin is running perfectly.
    Antergos devs, you’ve done an amazing job. I’m very pleased with my installation. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Distro hopping junkie
    Developer for [Entropy GNU/Linux[/url:22cla13f]]0

• I didn’t know where else to post this, so I figured the newbie corner would make a good spot to introduce myself.

I’m David and I’m from Michigan but live in eastern Germany. I’ve been using Linux since December of last year, and using arch since about a week after I made the switch.
    I have a normal, boring job, that has nothing to do with IT. In my spare time, however, I like to program in python (mostly games and GUIs) and I’m on the development team for LSD Linux (which always has sda1 and sda2 on my main HDD).
    I consider myself an intermediate Linux user. If someone has a problem, they can ask me. And if I don’t know the answer myself, I always know where to find it.

Installed antergos with gnome yesterday and was amazed at how fast it boots. I’ve never had much luck with gnome in the past but this installatiin is running perfectly.
    Antergos devs, you’ve done an amazing job. I’m very pleased with my installation. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Distro hopping junkie

• Well first let me say, Welcome to Antergos

Cheers!

• @“lots.0.logs”:2tv26mrz said:

Well first let me say, Welcome to Antergos

Cheers![/quote:2tv26mrz]
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I’m actually dying to get a look at the cnchi source. It’s quite impressive. I’ll definitely help with beta testing and stuff. Installing a distro is half the fun for me, so I could do a lot of testing

Distro hopping junkie

• Testing is one area we could really use more help in! There are only so many tests 5 people can perform and it’s no where near enough to cover all the different scenarios Cnchi faces in the wild

• I’m actually dying to get a look at the cnchi source. It’s quite impressive.

Thanks

If you look at our github repository, please check the “testing” branch. Is where all development takes place:

[url:ygkwf37z]https://github.com/Antergos/Cnchi/tree/testing[/url:ygkwf37z]

We’ve been tidying up the source code, adding comments and changing variable names to make it more readable (using pylint). Ask us anything you want about the code.

Also look at Cnchi issues [url:ygkwf37z]https://github.com/Antergos/Cnchi/issues?milestone=3&state=open[/url:ygkwf37z]. You will have an insight of what problems are we facing right now.

We’re also open to new ideas, of course.

And as lots.0.logs said, we’re searching for testing volunteers, so if you feel like it, we could use your expertise in testing our iso’s and Cnchi in different scenarios.

Again, thanks for your kind words!

• @“lots.0.logs”:1mt1ilge said:

Testing is one area we could really use more help in! There are only so many tests 5 people can perform and it’s no where near enough to cover all the different scenarios Cnchi faces in the wild
    Yeah it’s tough with a small Dev team. My distro is just my friend and I, and we have our own package manager, also written in python lol.

@Karasu I definitely will be spending time testing cnchi. My HDD died last night, gotta pick up a new one after work today. So there ya go lol.

Distro hopping junkie

Posts 7Views 982