• lightdm-webkit2-greeter -- invalid or corrupted package

I’ve updated everything except lightdm-webkit2-greeter. If I try to update it, I am shown an error: invalid or corrupted package.

Can I fix it?

• @TheBuzzSaw Try to force package databases refresh with -yy :

sudo pacman -Syyu

Just guessing.

• @just Hmmm. No dice. The problem magically went away on my home computer, but my work computer still has the problem. It’s not blocking any productivity. It’s just annoying to have one update sitting there eternally.

• @TheBuzzSaw It is also possible to try to change the mirrors, before doing the upgrade. For example, with reflector:

sudo reflector --age 8 --fastest 64 --latest 32 --number 16 --sort rate --save /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist
    sudo pacman -Syyu

• Now I have a second busted package: numix-icon-theme

• Now I have a third: ttf-google-fonts

• @TheBuzzSaw
    What specifically do you mean by **“busted” **This term is unknown, generic, and does not describe in detail what you mean by "busted"
    Busted as in libs missing?
    Busted as in app not working?
    Busted as in deps missing?
    Busted as in GPG keys missing and need to be signed?

Every command in Linux has what is called the man pages.

So for example, man pacman
    Because pacman is your package maintainer, it also would act as your command liaison to determine what is wrong with packages, make queries, etc…

So for example pacman -Qk the-name-of-your-program will tell you if there are missing files.
    How many files for said program/app there are, etc…

There is also pacman -Ql the-name-of-your-program-or-app-or-icon-theme which will tell you all the files needed for that.
    If you run pacman -Su --debug you will see there may be some errors.

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

• @Modisc Did you see my first post? I don’t feel the need to be specific on every single instance. I figured it’d be obvious that each subsequent mention of “busted” meant it was struggling the same way the first one was. The download is flagged as “corrupted”.

• @TheBuzzSaw
    Yes, I did see the first post. I know it says that the package is corrupted.
    Sorry, as I should have been more specific.

What I meant in my earlier inquiry is whether or not the icon theme shows / presents all of the icons for the applications. Are the icons themselves corrupted or are they all still visible?
    Same with the fonts? Do those show up or are they corrupted?
    I should have been more specific in those questions.

I am curious, were there any GPG issues that were given?
    If not, so what your saying is that the download can not be completed. In other words, there might be interference. Ok.
    Try this then.
    Can you try to clear the cache? See if that helps
    sudo pacman -Sc
    Also, are there any .part files in /var/cache/pacman/pkg. If there are, remove them.
    This command as an alternate way might help
    find /var/cache/pacman/pkg/ -iname "*.part" -exec rm {} \;

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

• No improvement. :(

• ok. that’s fine.
    We can work on something else then.

1. Are there any files missing from the fonts or icon theme? Use the command I mentioned earlier.

2. After you update, what does the debug command that I mentioned earlier say?
      First update, then debug. Post only error outputs.

3. Another option that I am thinking of is this. And I have no idea if this will work but we can try it:
      When you cat /etc/pacman.conf
      look for where it says SigLevel = something-will-be-listed-here
      change that to SigLevel = Never

Look carefully for this setting. It is listed near Repositories
    Is there a change? If yes, great!
    If no change, then revert back to original setting.

• As I have found with every package associated with the Antergos repository this issue arises.
    [antergos]
    SigLevel = Optional TrustAll
    Include = /etc/pacman.d/antergos-mirrorlist
    Seems to solve it but I am not so sure this is the correct way, probably not. But until some one straightens out this repository issue, these type of posts will contiune.

• I completely wiped and regenerated my mirrors. That seemed to do the trick.

• So the root cause of your corrupted package seemed to be the mirrors. That is interesting.

Maybe one or some of the mirrors that you were using were not working in some way and were not updating or downloading all of the required dependencies or lib files for the item in question.

Good job @TheBuzzSaw !
    Well done!

Posts 14Views 1832