• BUG HUNTERS NEEDED: Cnchi v0.6 RC2 \*Updated 4/16/14\*

Hello lots.0.logs,

where is the newest 32-Bit testing ISO?

I need it, because my old CPU Intel Core2 Duo E4400 does not support 64-Bit ISO in Virtualbox!

Cheers
    Freecaster

• It looks like there was a build failure for the 32bit image. You can use the testing.sh script on any iso and it will work. However, I can’t guarantee that the testing branch of Cnchi will be very stable at the moment. You are welcome to give it a try though.

Cheers!

• @“lots.0.logs”:1y537mvz said:

It looks like there was a build failure for the 32bit image. You can use the testing.sh script on any iso and it will work.[/quote:1y537mvz]

Can you give the way of using this testing.sh-script on any ISO? A good wiki page would be nice!

• The process is the same as listed on the OP. First download the script and then use the three commands to launch it. You should close the installer before loading the script. Let me know how it goes.

Cheers!

• @lots.0.logs:

I had a look at mirror for testing ISOs for today, there is still no 32-Bit Version, and I can’t boot 64 bit ISO in Virtualbox!

• The new ISO doesn’t contain the latest translation?

Edit:

• @“I-sty”:15atce3l said:

The new ISO doesn’t contain the latest translation?[/quote:15atce3l]
    Translations are generated only for official releases and not on development builds.

As for the root terminal error, it has been present in the iso for as long as I can remember but honestly it is not high up on the to do list. We only have so much time so every minute counts

The second terminal error you posted is something that has started happening recently and I am not sure if its a GNOME bug or what. However, if you launch the terminal using Alt+F2 and enter “sudo gnome-terminal” it will work.

The current state of the testing branch is not stable and is stalling at bootloader installation for UEFI systems. I’m not sure about BIOS systems as most of my time lately has been spent on making UEFI installations of grub complete successfully. I’ll be doing more work tonight so wait until tomorrow before anymore testing. Thanks for the feedback!

Best Regards,

• a day ago I installed Antergos on my friend’s gaming laptop asus G75VX and had issues with GPT and barely managed to get it installed. For whatever reason mbr was reverting to gpt so I had work around that. Anyways, I was gonna say that in test iso in cli mode no kde otherwise looks good. Today I was able to install in vbox the latest test iso with gui mode instead of cli.

• Good to hear. We are starting to clean up for the next release so it will be getting more stable in the next two weeks. Was the successful install on an UEFI system by any chance? I’d like to find out if my changes to GRUB for uefi systems is working (i don’t have any UEFI systems to test outside of vbox). About the CLI, it is usually the last to get any new changes so that won’t be until right before release. Thanks for testing!!

Best Regards,

• Here’s what I’ve tried. Made gpt table with these partitions

sda1 -efi fat32 /boot
    sda2 root /
    Tried grub_uefix64 and efi… didnt’ work. So I went with mbr route and installed /sda1 -root / ext4
    I can’t recall the messages I was getting. I don’t have that laptop right now cause my friend took it back. But I wanna get btrfs instead of ext4 so maybe later when hes not using I can try to install again.

• Thanks. Focus on MBR if you don’t mind. Grub and GPT don’t play nice right now. I want to get MBR working 100% before I start looking at GPT.

• no not at all. I wish uefi never happened

• @“rusty”:p09cioee said:

no not at all. I wish uefi never happened [/quote:p09cioee]

You and me both!!

• For me its the direct opposite, I really love gpt and uefi with the uefi partition, because its “cleaner” than this “write to mbr” thing, and for multiboots really easy to maintain.

• @“chieffun”:2a2a7qrw said:

For me its the direct opposite, I really love gpt and uefi with the uefi partition, because its “cleaner” than this “write to mbr” thing, and for multiboots really easy to maintain.[/quote:2a2a7qrw]

can you tell me how you install Antergos on Uefi maybe I did something wrong. if you can please break it down to step by step type of instruction so I can see where I failed

• Installation on an existing EFI partition should be working but it still needs testing. You would select advanced mode and choose your own partition layout and mount points (GPT is not fully functional in UEFI installs so for now use MBR). The existing EFI partition should be mounted at /boot (not /boot/efi). After that cnchi will take care of the rest! Just remember to download and run the testing.sh script to make sure you are running the latest code.

Cheers!

• do you guys plan F2FS for ssd ? I’m interested to try it out.

• @“rusty”:nft9vaeg said:

do you guys plan F2FS for ssd ? I’m interested to try it out.[/quote:nft9vaeg]
    That’s interesting. I hadn’t really taken notice to F2FS before but after reading about it I am curious. I may have to try it out since I do use an SSD. Guess I’ll have to add support to Cnchi then now won’t I?

• this one from last october 4 [http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=linux_312_fs&num=1][0]">[http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=a][1] … 2_fs&num=1

not too bad for that filesystem almost wins most of the benches. developed by Samsung which I think is good personally.
    If you do update cnchi I will try it on my old crucial ssd which still works fine.

[0]: <a href=
    [1]: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=a

• Hi Gustau…

Would you please put the Cnchi version number on the Cnchi screen somewhere? It saves us running pacman -Qi cnchi to find out.
    This gives us a number in which to report bugs with the version number we are using, and if we check it against git, we can tell if we need to update or not (especially since you guys are continually fixing (breaking?
    Is this number also on git somewhere?

Thanks Gustau!

Posts 135Views 54602
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.