• BUG HUNTERS NEEDED: Cnchi v0.6 RC2 \*Updated 4/16/14\*

@“lots.0.logs”:3s654aca said:

We had hoped to have it ready this year but unfortunately it won’t be ready in time. I estimate it will be at least another two weeks give or take. (Depending on feedback and bug reports from the alpha and beta)

Best Regards,[/quote:3s654aca]

The reports about cnchi?
    I installed this system with the latest iso’s cnchi and I have no problem !
    I installed the base system with btrfs partition and everything works.

• @“I-sty”:1vefbklg said:

The reports about cnchi?
    I installed this system with the latest iso’s cnchi and I have no problem !
    I installed the base system with btrfs partition and everything works.[/quote:1vefbklg]

Thanks for the feedback. The main areas that need more testing are:

[list:1vefbklg]Is grub installed and properly configured on UEFI systems?[/list:u:1vefbklg]
    [list:1vefbklg]Does KDE installation go smoothly?[/list:u:1vefbklg]
    [list:1vefbklg]How is LightDM performing with our default greeter? Any problems or errors?[/list:u:1vefbklg]
    [list:1vefbklg]Any problems when using encryption on /root, /home, or both?[/list:u:1vefbklg]

Thanks again and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Regards,

• @“lots.0.logs”:2p4sk963 said:

Thanks for the feedback. The main areas that need more testing are:

[list:2p4sk963]Is grub installed and properly configured on UEFI systems?[/list:u:2p4sk963]
    [list:2p4sk963]Does KDE installation go smoothly?[/list:u:2p4sk963]
    [list:2p4sk963]How is LightDM performing with our default greeter? Any problems or errors?[/list:u:2p4sk963]
    [list:2p4sk963]Any problems when using encryption on /root, /home, or both?[/list:u:2p4sk963]

Thanks again and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Regards,[/quote:2p4sk963]
    [list:2p4sk963]
    [*:2p4sk963]I don’t know what is with the UEFI options, because I use the standard GRUB2. I don’t know if my system support the UEFI boot. The GRUB2 installed but I needed the [acpi_osi=Linux acpi_backlight=legacy[/url:2p4sk963].[/*Ⓜ2p4sk963]
    [*:2p4sk963]I don’t use KDE because I don’t like it
    [*:2p4sk963]I installed the base system, and I think the lightdm not installed by default. I installed manualy from the official repo, I have errors with it but I solved
    [*:2p4sk963]I don’t use encryption yet. This is my laptop, I have no Top Secret data.[/*Ⓜ2p4sk963][/list:u:2p4sk963]

What’s the default file system in Antergos?
    I use btrfs and the system is a little faster with it. I think this enough stable to use that default filesystem

Is the Cnchi support the elantech touchpad? I installed the elantech driver because the system not installed for me.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO THE ALL ANTERGOSER!

• @“I-sty”:1qtoayuu said:

I installed the base system, and I think the lightdm not installed by default. [/quote:1qtoayuu]
    This is the intended behavior for base installation because it does not include a graphical interface (Xorg)

@“I-sty”:1qtoayuu said:

I use btrfs and the system is a little faster with it. I think this enough stable to use that default filesystem [/quote:1qtoayuu]
    Currently it is still ext4 but I have been using btrfs exclusively on my machines for about a year. The claims of its instability are highly exaggerated, I’ve never had any problems and it does perform better!

Regarding elantech drivers…
    Not currently but we are working on a much improved hardware detection module for Cnchi that will address this!

Cheers!

• @“lots.0.logs”:32svte52 said:

@“I-sty”:32svte52 said:

I installed the base system, and I think the lightdm not installed by default. [/quote:32svte52]
    This is the intended behavior for base installation because it does not include a graphical interface (Xorg)

@“I-sty”:32svte52 said:

I use btrfs and the system is a little faster with it. I think this enough stable to use that default filesystem [/quote:32svte52]
    Currently it is still ext4 but I have been using btrfs exclusively on my machines for about a year. The claims of its instability are highly exaggerated, I’ve never had any problems and it does perform better!

Regarding elantech drivers…
    Not currently but we are working on a much improved hardware detection module for Cnchi that will address this!

Cheers![/quote:32svte52]

The only issue i have had with btrfs is metadata filling up making system unusable, and was unable to reallocate it (reason i recently switched to ext4).

• @“detrimental”:10rcld3b said:

The only issue i have had with btrfs is metadata filling up making system unusable, and was unable to reallocate it (reason i recently switched to ext4).
    [/quote:10rcld3b]

Hmm, I’ve read about that issue once or twice but it has never happened to me thankfully. Honestly I’m pretty much asking for it or something similar to happen right now because my 900GB external drive has maybe 200MB of free space if that. All the articles and even the wiki warn against filling consistently over 75% but it works fine (im not recommending this to anyone lol) For a while now I have noticed nemo lags when first opening my /data dir (where the drive is mounted) and I thought it had to be btrfs related (my fault) but spending all the time that I have lately with KDE I now think its gtk related because Dolphin opens the dir without missing a beat…

@detrimental did you see my update to the post you started about volume in cinnamon?

• @“lots.0.logs”:17m8iya9 said:

@“detrimental”:17m8iya9 said:

[/quote:17m8iya9]

Hmm, I’ve read about that issue once or twice but it has never happened to me thankfully. Honestly I’m pretty much asking for it or something similar to happen right now because my 900GB external drive has maybe 200MB of free space if that. All the articles and even the wiki warn against filling consistently over 75% but it works fine (im not recommending this to anyone lol) For a while now I have noticed nemo lags when first opening my /data dir (where the drive is mounted) and I thought it had to be btrfs related (my fault) but spending all the time that I have lately with KDE I now think its gtk related because Dolphin opens the dir without missing a beat…

@detrimental did you see my update to the post you started about volume in cinnamon?

No, can you point me to the thread?

edit: was the post cinnamon specific? or was it pulse overwriting alsa to set speaker volume to 0 after reboot? If that was it i’m pretty sure an update resolved it.

• @“detrimental”:2uoiszsa said:

edit: was the post cinnamon specific? or was it pulse overwriting alsa to set speaker volume to 0 after reboot? If that was it i’m pretty sure an update resolved it.[/quote:2uoiszsa]

Yeah that was it.

• Happy New Year lots.0.logs and others!

Wishing you all the best and strong health!

And now my question to lots.0.logs:

is that possible, that you build XFCE or Razot-QT-Live ISO with cnchi-Installer?

Because GNOME 3 is very slow in my Virtualbox…

Kind regards
    Freecaster

• @“Freecaster”:t29eltne said:

Happy New Year lots.0.logs and others!

Wishing you all the best and strong health!

And now my question to lots.0.logs:

is that possible, that you build XFCE or Razot-QT-Live ISO with cnchi-Installer?

Because GNOME 3 is very slow in my Virtualbox…

Kind regards
    Freecaster[/quote:t29eltne]

You can choose between both xfce and razor-qt with the antergos live installation media, among a few others.

• @“Freecaster”:2bnqd224 said:

Because GNOME 3 is very slow in my Virtualbox…[/quote:2bnqd224]

Are you wanting to run the live environment for more than just performing an installation? We’ve talked about additional live images many times but its just not something we have the resources to take on right now. I’m not saying it’ll never happen, just the opposite actually. I’m quite sure it will be something we do in the future. In the mean time you could boot the current image with the “systemd.unit=multi-user.target” kernel parameter to boot to command line. From there you could remove gnome and install XFCE. It wouldn’t be persistent across reboots though :-/ Sorry I dont have any better options.

Best Regards,

• Thank you lots.0.logs!

• Notes:
    I am trying the daily iso, and I have a few notes.

1: (question) Antergos will not support the [b:2x9w055r]mate[/b:2x9w055r] yet?
    2: In the “Feature Selection” screen the font size is too large (I think). The checkboxes are not appearing.
    3: In the timezone screen I got a error that the creation of the filesystem is died. But I don’t choose filesystem, just choose the automatic mode.
    4: How can I configure the mount points?

• @“I-sty”:1k17cl57 said:

1: (question) Antergos will not support the mate yet?[/quote:1k17cl57]
    Not yet, we are working on it!

@“I-sty”:1k17cl57 said:

2: In the “Feature Selection” screen the font size is too large (I think). The checkboxes are not appearing.[/quote:1k17cl57]
    This happens sometimes in virtualbox, not sure exactly why but usually if you switch to fullscreen mode and relaunch cnchi it will appear correctly. Possibly a gtk+ bug.

3: In the timezone screen I got a error that the creation of the filesystem is died. But I don’t choose filesystem, just choose the automatic mode.[/quote:1k17cl57]
    This usually appears if you had a previously attempted an install and it did not complete or you canceled it. The installer should continue after you dismiss the error if its possible.

4: How can I configure the mount points? [/quote:1k17cl57]
    Hmm…im not sure why it isnt letting you continue here b/c everything looks correct. Did you close the installer at startup and run the testing.sh script (link is on the OP)?

Thanks for testing! Cheers!

• @“lots.0.logs”:mhdp9xyu said:

Not yet, we are working on it![/quote:mhdp9xyu]

This is Sparta! This is great! Can I help you? I’m using MATE

@“lots.0.logs”:mhdp9xyu said:

This happens sometimes in virtualbox, not sure exactly why but usually if you switch to fullscreen mode and relaunch cnchi it will appear correctly. Possibly a gtk+ bug.[/quote:mhdp9xyu]

Thank you

This usually appears if you had a previously attempted an install and it did not complete or you canceled it. The installer should continue after you dismiss the error if its possible.[/quote:mhdp9xyu]

This was my first attempt. I choosed the automatic method and the first two sub-items. (The encryption and the LVM)

Hmm…im not sure why it isnt letting you continue here b/c everything looks correct. Did you close the installer at startup and run the testing.sh script (link is on the OP)?[/quote:mhdp9xyu]

Yes. After the previous point I closed the installer, and reopen (from the Gnome3 menu) and I have gone to the manual partitioning. I got this “error”.

NOW:
    Choosed the automatic method without any delicacy and I am at 70% to finish the KDE installation.

• New notes:

If I enter in the installer on English, and select Magyar (Hungarian) the description of the desktops are English, but if i enter in Hungarian (so I choosed from the F2 menu) everything is okay.

• @“I-sty”:z5j7flkb said:

This was my first attempt. I choosed the automatic method and the first two sub-items. (The encryption and the LVM)
    [/quote:z5j7flkb]

Encryption is still very new so we have some polishing to do on it. If you could capture the log from /tmp/cnchi.log the next time you use cnchi that would be helpful. Also make sure you are using the testing setup script to launch cnchi and not just using the one that opens automatically

@“I-sty”:z5j7flkb said:

This is Sparta! This is great! Can I help you? I’m using MATE[/quote:z5j7flkb]
    You are already helping now

@“I-sty”:z5j7flkb said:

Yes. After the previous point I closed the installer, and reopen (from the Gnome3 menu) and I have gone to the manual partitioning. I got this “error”.
    [/quote:z5j7flkb]
    We are still working on how Cnchi handles being quit and restarted in the same session. We have seen some weird behavior related to stop/restart and the mounting of partitions but havent figured out if its cnchi or gnome’s fault. This will be fixed sooner rather than later though

• I can not install KDE.
    The cnchi is freeze, and I have no /tmp/cnchi.log file.
    I am seeing this cnchi screen since 2 hours.

• As Dustin “requested” in [url:3ua2yoeq]http://forum.antergos.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1353#p5171[/url:3ua2yoeq] and i had some free time i made some testing with the installer and installer+testing.sh.

kde+l2014.01.05-x86_64.iso: Succeeds despite the error at the end.
    log: [url:3ua2yoeq]http://pastebin.com/EqptPk50[/url:3ua2yoeq]

kde+l2014.01.05-x86_64.iso+LUKS: Succeeds with an error at the end.
    log:[url:3ua2yoeq]http://pastebin.com/xenjHtaj[/url:3ua2yoeq]

kde+l2014.01.05-x86_64.iso+LUKS+different home parition: Fails.
    error is the same as in [url:3ua2yoeq]http://forum.antergos.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1353[/url:3ua2yoeq]
    log: [url:3ua2yoeq]http://pastebin.com/vu4j44p7[/url:3ua2yoeq]
    partition layout after error: [url:3ua2yoeq]http://i.imgur.com/ujDFmWE.png[/url:3ua2yoeq]

kde+2014.01.05-x86_64.iso+testing.sh: Fails.
    log: [url:3ua2yoeq]http://pastebin.com/1HX3bKGL[/url:3ua2yoeq]
    since it failed with this basic one i didnt test the other two options.

openbox+l2014.01.05-x86_64.iso: succeeds but with an error at the end
    log: [url:3ua2yoeq]http://pastebin.com/BuDce4c1[/url:3ua2yoeq]

openbox+2014.01.05-x86_64.iso+testing.sh: Failed, gave same error as “kde+2014.01.05-x86_64.iso+testing.sh”.
    log: [url:3ua2yoeq]http://pastebin.com/DZNwgyJf[/url:3ua2yoeq]

screenshot of the common error: [url:3ua2yoeq]http://i.imgur.com/MQdxyGX.png[/url:3ua2yoeq]

P.S. when the i686 image is available i’ll repeat the tests

• @“I-sty”:1zvvnfp8 said:

I can not install KDE.
    The cnchi is freeze, and I have no /tmp/cnchi.log file.
    I am seeing this cnchi screen since 2 hours.[/quote:1zvvnfp8]
    Thanks for reporting. Just so you know for any further testing, once cnchi is finished installing packages (the two blue progress bars are hidden) it should never take longer than 5-10 minutes to complete the remaining configuration. Anything beyond that you can safely assume its hung up. Both Gustau and myself have worked on Cnchi today. I am still working actually so best to wait atleast a few hours before doing further tests. THANK YOU!!

@“aaco”:1zvvnfp8 said:

kde+2014.01.05-x86_64.iso+testing.sh: Fails.
    log: [http://pastebin.com/1HX3bKGL][0]">[http://pastebin.com/1HX3bKGL][1]
    since it failed with this basic one i didnt test the other two options.[/quote:1zvvnfp8]
    Look like you were testing at the same time we were tinkering with Cnchi lol! The errors in the testing iso will not change until it picks up our latest changes on Sunday. As for the testing.sh script, that will always run the latest code. The error you got was due to me moving a few things around. I am running a test as I am typing this to make sure everything is back to normal

[0]: <a href=
    [1]: http://pastebin.com/1HX3bKGL

Posts 135Views 54602
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.