• BUG HUNTERS NEEDED: Cnchi v0.6 RC2 \*Updated 4/16/14\*

The Antergos Installer, Cnchi, is one of the main things that sets us apart from other Arch based distros. This makes expanding Cnchi’s features a top priority. As the feature list grows, so does the possibility for bugs that don’t present themselves during internal testing. This is why we need your help hunting down and documenting any bugs that have eluded us.

We will be tracking all bugs on our [Github[/url:2syorbvo] repo. If you find a bug, please take a moment to verify that it doesn’t already exist on the tracker before creating a new bug report. If it has already been reported, please post any additional information that you feel is relevant in the bug’s comments.

[b:2syorbvo]Every bug report should include:[/b:2syorbvo]

[list:2syorbvo]Your System Specs[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]Cnchi log: /tmp/cnchi.log[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]Journal log: save in home directory with “sudo journalctl -b > /home/antergos/journal.log”[/list:u:2syorbvo]

[b:2syorbvo]The main areas that need more testing are:[/b:2syorbvo]

[list:2syorbvo]Is grub installed and properly configured on UEFI systems?[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]Is the Antergos grub theme installed ?[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]Do KDE & MATE installations complete without errors (proper background and basic configuration)?[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]How is LightDM performing with our default greeter? Any problems or errors?[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]Any problems when using encryption on /root, /home, or both?[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]Any problems when using LVM?[/list:u:2syorbvo]

We are in the final stages of preparation for our next release. We implemented a feature and string freeze on our testing repos so that we can focus on finding any last minute bugs. Please let us know if you experience any issues. Happy testing

Current Test Subject:[/color:2syorbvo][/size:2syorbvo]
    [size][color]Cnchi v0.5.33 (v0.6 RC2)[/color:2syorbvo][/size:2syorbvo]
    [b:2syorbvo]Type:[/b:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]Milestone Release[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [b:2syorbvo]What’s New:[/b:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]New Desktop Options: KDE & MATE[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]Option to use encrypted /home using automatic installation mode.[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]LightDM with Antergos Greeter as default Display Manager.[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]Better support for UEFI systems.[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]New Antergos Grub2 theme installed by default.[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]Lots of small bugs fixed and code refinements for increased stability.[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [b:2syorbvo]Known Issues: [/b:2syorbvo]
    [b:2syorbvo]Test Using[/b:2syorbvo]:
    [list:2syorbvo]Antergos Live[b:2syorbvo]USB[/b:2syorbvo][/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [b:2syorbvo]Download:[/b:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo][url]Live Image[/url:2syorbvo][/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo][url]Testing Setup Script[/url:2syorbvo][/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [b:2syorbvo]Launch Commands: [/b:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo](Cnchi Installer should not be running at this point)[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]wget http://antergos.info/testing.sh[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]chmod +x testing.sh[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]sudo -E ./testing.sh[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [b:2syorbvo]Bug Reports:[/b:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo][url:2syorbvo]https://github.com/Antergos/Cnchi/issues?state=open[/url:2syorbvo][/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [size][color]What’s Coming Next:[/color:2syorbvo][/size:2syorbvo]
    Type:
    Planned New Features:
    [list:2syorbvo]LVM & LUKS Encryption support in advanced mode.[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]Support for btrfs subvolumes[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]TBA…[/list:u:2syorbvo][/color][/size][/url][/url][/color][/size]]0

• The Antergos Installer, Cnchi, is one of the main things that sets us apart from other Arch based distros. This makes expanding Cnchi’s features a top priority. As the feature list grows, so does the possibility for bugs that don’t present themselves during internal testing. This is why we need your help hunting down and documenting any bugs that have eluded us.

We will be tracking all bugs on our [Github[/url:2syorbvo] repo. If you find a bug, please take a moment to verify that it doesn’t already exist on the tracker before creating a new bug report. If it has already been reported, please post any additional information that you feel is relevant in the bug’s comments.

[b:2syorbvo]Every bug report should include:[/b:2syorbvo]

[list:2syorbvo]Your System Specs[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]Cnchi log: /tmp/cnchi.log[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]Journal log: save in home directory with “sudo journalctl -b > /home/antergos/journal.log”[/list:u:2syorbvo]

[b:2syorbvo]The main areas that need more testing are:[/b:2syorbvo]

[list:2syorbvo]Is grub installed and properly configured on UEFI systems?[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]Is the Antergos grub theme installed ?[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]Do KDE & MATE installations complete without errors (proper background and basic configuration)?[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]How is LightDM performing with our default greeter? Any problems or errors?[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]Any problems when using encryption on /root, /home, or both?[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]Any problems when using LVM?[/list:u:2syorbvo]

We are in the final stages of preparation for our next release. We implemented a feature and string freeze on our testing repos so that we can focus on finding any last minute bugs. Please let us know if you experience any issues. Happy testing

Current Test Subject:[/color:2syorbvo][/size:2syorbvo]
    [size][color]Cnchi v0.5.33 (v0.6 RC2)[/color:2syorbvo][/size:2syorbvo]
    [b:2syorbvo]Type:[/b:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]Milestone Release[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [b:2syorbvo]What’s New:[/b:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]New Desktop Options: KDE & MATE[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]Option to use encrypted /home using automatic installation mode.[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]LightDM with Antergos Greeter as default Display Manager.[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]Better support for UEFI systems.[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]New Antergos Grub2 theme installed by default.[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]Lots of small bugs fixed and code refinements for increased stability.[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [b:2syorbvo]Known Issues: [/b:2syorbvo]
    [b:2syorbvo]Test Using[/b:2syorbvo]:
    [list:2syorbvo]Antergos Live[b:2syorbvo]USB[/b:2syorbvo][/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [b:2syorbvo]Download:[/b:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo][url]Live Image[/url:2syorbvo][/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo][url]Testing Setup Script[/url:2syorbvo][/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [b:2syorbvo]Launch Commands: [/b:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo](Cnchi Installer should not be running at this point)[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]wget http://antergos.info/testing.sh[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]chmod +x testing.sh[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]sudo -E ./testing.sh[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [b:2syorbvo]Bug Reports:[/b:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo][url:2syorbvo]https://github.com/Antergos/Cnchi/issues?state=open[/url:2syorbvo][/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [size][color]What’s Coming Next:[/color:2syorbvo][/size:2syorbvo]
    Type:
    Planned New Features:
    [list:2syorbvo]LVM & LUKS Encryption support in advanced mode.[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]Support for btrfs subvolumes[/list:u:2syorbvo]
    [list:2syorbvo]TBA…[/list:u:2syorbvo][/color][/size][/url][/url][/color][/size]]0

• New Desktop Option: KDE

This is great news! (of course all the other additions are great too!

Great work Gustau, and the others that are helping! You and your work are appreciated!

In God's love,
    †MaNNa <{{{\>< …to You all thanks and glory Lord Yeshua!

And Jesus prayed to The Father, "And this is the way to ete…

• @“MaNNa”:130n0aew said:

New Desktop Option: KDE

This is great news! (of course all the other additions are great too!

Great work Gustau, and the others that are helping! You and your work are appreciated!

I have been working on the KDE install while Gustav focuses on more important tasks. (Most of which are far above my current skill level) I guess this about sums it up:
    Me ---->
    Gustav ---->

I’ll be needing a few testers for KDE soon. I’ll keep you posted!

• Excellent! Looking forward to that there Dustin!

So, which is it? Gusta(v) OR Gusta(u)?
    Now you have me confused (easy to do, BTW

Are we having fun yet??

In God's love,

• Hi!

Hahaha… it’s Gustau with an U ! :p I’m Catalan not German!

Anyway, it’s not a big mistake, isn’t it?

Cheers!

• Thanks for setting me straight on this my friend.
    Of course not a big mistake, but names are important, so I wanted to make sure

@Dustin, if I hurt your feelings in asking about this, please forgive me.

Warm regards,

In God's love,

• @“MaNNa”:2mewfq49 said:

Thanks for setting me straight on this my friend.
    Of course not a big mistake, but names are important, so I wanted to make sure

@Dustin, if I hurt your feelings in asking about this, please forgive me.

Warm regards,[/quote:2mewfq49]

@MaNNa No worries! I’m not one to take things seriously. I’m rarely serious actually

Cheers!

• is lightdm faster then lxdm ?

• LightDM is not faster (or slower), but IMHO is better.

Check this out:

[url:33td24qi]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LightDM[/url:33td24qi]

[url:33td24qi]http://wiki.lxde.org/en/LXDM[/url:33td24qi]

What I like most about lightDM is that is desktop “agnostic” (greeters can be written in any toolkit).

We’ll be adopting LightDM soon.

Cheers!

• I have tried to install from testing ISO KDE, but the installer was hanging by updating of pacman-sources.

Any ideas how to fix it?

[img:37xo6dtq]http://antergos.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/logo.gif[/img:37xo6dtq]

• @“Freecaster”:10d45yw9 said:

I have tried to install from testing ISO KDE, but the installer was hanging by updating of pacman-sources.

Any ideas how to fix it?[/quote:10d45yw9]

Did you download and run the setup script in the live system? The script grabs the latest version of cnchi but it sounds like you must have tried using a prior version.

Best Regards,

• Hello lots.0.logs,

No I have downloaded the latest testing ISO (23.12.2013) and pressed there in graphical installer.
    I have choosed there KDE, and the installation has been hanged on 2% of downloading of package.list and never ends (no 3%, 20%, 100%)

[img:37xo6dtq]http://antergos.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/logo.gif[/img:37xo6dtq]

• Have another look at the original post. You missed a step which is the reason you are unable to complete an install.

Best Regards,

• @“lots.0.logs”:3stg0m3w said:

Have another look at the original post. You missed a step which is the reason you are unable to complete an install.

Best Regards,[/quote:3stg0m3w]

Hmmm, and where should I download & run the testing setup script? I’m sorry, but I don’t know it… maybe in console?

• You could download it on your testing machine and then create a VBOX share folder (If you don’t already have one). Otherwise just open Chromium in the live system and input the url to the script. That will place the file where it needs to be so that you can use the three commands from the instructions to launch it.

Cheers!

• I give up with installation of testing-iso.

Too buggy and I dont’t understand the way of using of newest install script.

When [b:2xr1bht3]stable[/b:2xr1bht3] installer will be released, I will maybe migrate to antergos KDE from aptosid.

Cheers
    Freecaster

• @“Freecaster”:2251vkze said:

I give up with installation of testing-iso.

Too buggy and I dont’t understand the way of using of newest install script.

When [b:2251vkze]stable[/b:2251vkze] installer will be released, I will maybe migrate to antergos KDE from aptosid.

Cheers
    Freecaster[/quote:2251vkze]

That’s a good plan. Better to allow yourself time to become more familiar with the ins and outs of an Arch based system before trying any testing builds. Don’t worry, you wont have to wait very long for the stable release

Cheers!

• @“lots.0.logs”:19tlrvnn said:

Don’t worry, you wont have to wait very long for the stable release

Cheers![/quote:19tlrvnn]

when it will be released the new one? In this year or in 2014?

Don't forget to mark as [SOLVED], if your problem was solved!

• We had hoped to have it ready this year but unfortunately it won’t be ready in time. I estimate it will be at least another two weeks give or take. (Depending on feedback and bug reports from the alpha and beta)

Best Regards,

Posts 135Views 39968