• Partitioning second hard drive

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask. I’m not sure whether this counted as a newbie of hardware problem.

Anyways, when I installed antergos, I let cnchi handle the partitioning, as I wanted to get the system up and running faster. However, I am running a two hard drive setup, and the installer completely ignored my second drive. Which is a problem as I really need the space of the second drive to be available on my /home partition.

I enabled LVM during install, so I understand it should be possible to fix this. However, I am not sure how to do so from within antergos. Is there an easy way to do this? And if not, is there a guide that can help me?

• As I understand it, you want the system upon booting up, tomount, two hard-drives. Whether they are both internal or one is external, I don’t know as I’m not familiar with your system. Regardless there is an fstab file in /etc/fstab

You would need the UUID to begin with to find out what the UUID is for the hard drive to be mounted by your system.
    lsblk -o +uuid
    Read man lsblk

Or you could specify the devices ( if you already know the /dev/sdX ) with blkid
    Or you could try ls /dev/disk/by-uuid -alh

Once you know what the UUID is of the device (/dev/sdX), as root, input that information with what you want the fstab file to mount as.

The Arch Wiki has an fstab on their Wiki at fstab
    I hope that I understood your post correctly.

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

• Hi,

You should learn how LVM works. You can delete your home volume, expand your root volume and then create a new home volume in your second disk.

Please, post the result of these commands so we can help you:
    sudo vgdisplay
    sudo pvdisplay

Cheers!

• It’s ok, I figured it out. I found a tutorial on how to extend lvm partitions and followed it. I just forgot to mark my post as solved.

partitioning8 secondary4 lvm7 Posts 4Views 622