• Partitioning second hard drive

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask. I’m not sure whether this counted as a newbie of hardware problem.

Anyways, when I installed antergos, I let cnchi handle the partitioning, as I wanted to get the system up and running faster. However, I am running a two hard drive setup, and the installer completely ignored my second drive. Which is a problem as I really need the space of the second drive to be available on my /home partition.

I enabled LVM during install, so I understand it should be possible to fix this. However, I am not sure how to do so from within antergos. Is there an easy way to do this? And if not, is there a guide that can help me?

• As I understand it, you want the system upon booting up, tomount, two hard-drives. Whether they are both internal or one is external, I don’t know as I’m not familiar with your system. Regardless there is an fstab file in /etc/fstab

You would need the UUID to begin with to find out what the UUID is for the hard drive to be mounted by your system.
    lsblk -o +uuid
    Read man lsblk

Or you could specify the devices ( if you already know the /dev/sdX ) with blkid
    Or you could try ls /dev/disk/by-uuid -alh

Once you know what the UUID is of the device (/dev/sdX), as root, input that information with what you want the fstab file to mount as.

The Arch Wiki has an fstab on their Wiki at fstab
    I hope that I understood your post correctly.

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

• Hi,

You should learn how LVM works. You can delete your home volume, expand your root volume and then create a new home volume in your second disk.

Please, post the result of these commands so we can help you:
    sudo vgdisplay
    sudo pvdisplay

Cheers!

• It’s ok, I figured it out. I found a tutorial on how to extend lvm partitions and followed it. I just forgot to mark my post as solved.

partitioning11 lvm7 secondary4 Posts 4Views 963
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.