• Deadbeef not showing in cinnamon system tray

Deadbeef Icon not showing up in the Cinnamon system tray unless I tick and untick "Hide system tray icon"
    Tried to remove it completely and reinstall it again which didn’t work. Then installed deadbeef-qt from aur and QT icon shows up fine. I think it might a problem with gtk3 but don’t know for sure.

• Deadbeef Icon not showing up in the Cinnamon system tray unless I tick and untick "Hide system tray icon"
    Tried to remove it completely and reinstall it again which didn’t work. Then installed deadbeef-qt from aur and QT icon shows up fine. I think it might a problem with gtk3 but don’t know for sure.

• System tray icons are still buggy in Cinnamon. There is a gtk related bug that contributes to the problem. To fix Set gtk-icon-sizes to “panel-menu=22,22:gtk-button=22,22” in your theme gtkrc file. Also, I find the icons act more as expected to when I have the “Allow Cinnamon to scale icons…” option enabled under panel settings.

Hope that helps!

Best Regards,

• thanks for reply I’m not too sure where to paste that line panel-menu=22,22:gtk-button=22,22 since I dont see gtk-icon-size.
    I’m using numix theme. I’ve tried allow scalling which didn’t work. I might just wait for an update then. Thanks again

• Use gedit to open the file /user/share/themes/yourtheme/gtk-2.0/gtkrc and then Ctrl+F to search for these two strings:

1. gtk-button=
    2. panel-menu=

If they are not found then simply create two new lines anywhere in the file, one string per line like this:

gtk-button=22,22  
    panel-menu=22,22

Let us know if it works or not as the info could be useful to others. Thanks!

Best Regards,

• I don’t have the exact lines in my gtkrc for whatever reason. All I have is
    GtkButton::default-border = { 0, 0, 0, 0 }
    GtkButtonBox::child-min-height = 26

and no panel-menu.
    If you install Numix theme you can check gtkrc. Thank You for taking your time and replying.

• Just add the two lines I posted previously and then restart Cinnamon with “Ctrl+F2, r, enter”. It’s a long shot, but it is still worth a try. If it does not work you can simply remove the lines.

Best Regards,

• added these two lines at the bottom of the file and restarted cinnamon then started deadbeef with no luck.
    gtk-button=22,22
    panel-menu=22,22

• I don’t usually give advice that isn’t based on proven methods, BUT I am making an exception

Best Regards,

• I’ve tried that and it didn’t work unfortunately.

• Yeah, I figured as much. If it were me I’d report the issue on Cinnamon’s github repo. Even though it has been reported before, they should know that for some it is still an issue.

Cheers!

• I’ve installed deadbeef 0.6.0 from AUR and its show up just fine now in cinnamon panel. hope 0.6.0 will be soon in the official repo.

Posts 12Views 2299