• Logical partition asks for root password.

i have 4 partitons on same harddisk. when click on my partiton drive i dont know why i am asked for password to open my logical partitions. on every boot it ask for password. why there is no option like dont ask for the password again.
    this was not the case with manjaro.

how to change the setting for logical partiton so that it wont asks for password ?

• @Sam-N said:

i have 4 partitons on same harddisk. when click on my partiton drive i dont know why i am asked for password to open my logical partitions. on every boot it ask for password. why there is no option like dont ask for the password again.

This is the normal, standard Arch (Antergos) behaviour. Arch requests root’s password when a standard user tries to access partitions not mounted by /etc/fstab.

There’s nothing strange with it.

this was not the case with manjaro.

Manjaro is not Arch.

how to change the setting for logical partiton so that it wont asks for password ?

1. In an installed Arch (= Antergos) system there’s the /etc/polkit-1/rules.d folder.

2. By default, it contains one text file, named 50-default.rules :

$ sudo ls -lha /etc/polkit-1/rules.d/*
      -rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 326 Oct 25 21:39 /etc/polkit-1/rules.d/50-default.rules
      $ 

3. Create a new simple text file in that folder. Name it as you wish, but its last (final) qualifier must be .rules . For example, mine is called 90-nopasswd.rules :

-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 198 Oct 24  2014 /etc/polkit-1/rules.d/90-nopasswd.rules
      $ 

4. Paste the following content in the newly created 90-nopasswd.rules file:

polkit.addRule(function(action, subject) {
           if (action.id.indexOf("org.freedesktop.udisks2.") == 0 && subject.isInGroup("storage")) {
               return polkit.Result.YES;
             }
          }
      );

5. There must be two files in the /etc/polkit-1/rules.d folder now:

-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 198 Oct 24  2014 /etc/polkit-1/rules.d/90-nopasswd.rules
      $ 

6. Grant at least a read access right to the newly created file to all users in the system. For example:

$ sudo chmod  ug+rw,o+r /etc/polkit-1/rules.d/*
      $ 

7. Log out and back in to the X session.

8. Done.

Arch (= Antergos) will never ask anymore for root’s password during access to various logical partitions.

• thanks alot

Posts 3Views 1003