• failed to set xfermode err_mask=0x40 during boot

Hello everyone, I am a new member of the Antergos community. After using Linux Mint for quite a while now and I recently got a pretty good deal on a crucial SSD so I purchased it for my laptop. I installed it a few days ago and after installing the ssd as my main drive I decided to make the switch to Linux Antergos as I have been wanting to for a little while now. I am currently running XFCE desktop and everything seems to work great and I love it. However, when I first installed antergos literally everything worked and I didn’t get a single error message its been 4 days now and when I first turned my machine on today not only did it take slightly longer than the usual 4 second boot time I have had lately but I also got this error message during the boot " 0.8355691 ata1.00: failed to set xfermode (err_mask=0x40)
    I apologize if there is already a post on this I tried to find it but could not find any information on this. Any and all advice and help is appreciated, look forward to sticking around and becoming a member of the Antergos community.

• Hi and welcome! :)

I recommend that you check for any available firmware updates from the manufacturer of your SSD. (and apply them if you find any). Let me know how it goes! Cheers!

• I have been Googleing and it appears that it might be a bug. One user said it worked fine on kernel 3.11.
    Maybe you could try an LTS kernel?

ssd20 boot155 xfce48 xfermode1 Posts 3Views 1251