• failed to set xfermode err_mask=0x40 during boot

Hello everyone, I am a new member of the Antergos community. After using Linux Mint for quite a while now and I recently got a pretty good deal on a crucial SSD so I purchased it for my laptop. I installed it a few days ago and after installing the ssd as my main drive I decided to make the switch to Linux Antergos as I have been wanting to for a little while now. I am currently running XFCE desktop and everything seems to work great and I love it. However, when I first installed antergos literally everything worked and I didn’t get a single error message its been 4 days now and when I first turned my machine on today not only did it take slightly longer than the usual 4 second boot time I have had lately but I also got this error message during the boot " 0.8355691 ata1.00: failed to set xfermode (err_mask=0x40)
    I apologize if there is already a post on this I tried to find it but could not find any information on this. Any and all advice and help is appreciated, look forward to sticking around and becoming a member of the Antergos community.

• Hi and welcome! 🙂

I recommend that you check for any available firmware updates from the manufacturer of your SSD. (and apply them if you find any). Let me know how it goes! Cheers!

• I have been Googleing and it appears that it might be a bug. One user said it worked fine on kernel 3.11.
    Maybe you could try an LTS kernel?

boot220 xfce61 ssd23 xfermode1 Posts 3Views 2104
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.