• Alternative for CLI BSDTAR?

Sometimes when I’m installing some directly from AUR using “yaourt foo”, I receive the following error message by BSDTAR as it tries to build the app:

“==> Retrieving sources…
    -> Found foo.zip
    ==> Extracting sources…
    ==> Entering fakeroot environment…
    ==> Starting package()…
    bsdtar: Error opening archive: Unrecognized archive format
    ==> ERROR: A failure occurred in package().
    Aborting…”

The file-format that caused this specific error was, as you can see, a .zip archive.

(I can’t seem to figure out how to embed that in [code] tag in these forums, so I’m apologize if there’s a way to do that I just can’t seem to find.

Anyway, here’s what I’d like to know:

• Is there a way to give BSDTAR the ability to extract .zip files? How about others, .rar, 7z, etc?
    • Is there a method to replace BSDTAR with something else that would be able to handle many more archive extensions?

Thanks a lot!

~Ev`

~ Ev

• Some information from here: stackexchange. They talk about a tool called atool. But I don’t know if that is what you are looking for. Someone there on that thread calls it "the one tool to rule them all"
    Or here: tanguy.ortolo

about the code tags, it’s really weird but the code tags are actually the key that is directly between the ESC and TAB key.
    Not the key for ‘quotes’ key.
    It is like this:
    If you are using the English or US keyboard, you do the following:

Press the key below the ESC key 3X
    Press ENTER;
    Enter your content;
    Press ENTER;
    Press the key below the ESC key 3X

If you just want to highlight one line or one word, instead of 3X, it is just 1X.
    I know it’s weird, but it’s just the way that the devs for NodeBB decided to do it.
    Remember it is only for if using the English or US board. For others, none too sure.
    There is also a sticky in the forums about it too.
    Hope it helps.

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

bsdtar1 extraction1 command line1 zip2 Posts 2Views 416