• Unable to re-install Antergos

Hi Everyone,
    I installed Antergos in a dual boot mode (Antergos + Windows 8 ) on Dell Latitude 7350.
    As Windows eats too much memory away I would like to reinstall Antergos letting it occupy all the SSD memory and then reinstalling Windows on a smaller partition (created, for instance, using GParted).
    I’m now trying to reinstall Antergos via USB but when I get to booting options this screen appears:

Boot mode is set to: UEFI; Secure Boot: OFF
    UEFI BOOT:
        antergos_grub_rnpa
        Windows Boot Manager
        UEFI: SK hynix SC300 M.2 2280 256GB
        UEFI: SanDisk  
    OTHER OPTIONS:
        BIOS Setup
        BIOS Flash Update
        Diagnostics
        Change Boot Mode Settings

When I choose UEFI: SanDisk, as I copied here .iso file, I get another screen:

Antergos x86_64 UEFI CD
    UEFI Shell x86_64 v1
    UEFI Shell x86_64 v2
    EFI Default Loader
    Reboot Into Firmware Interface

and when I choose Antergos x86_64 UEFI CD I just have a white blank screen and nothing happens.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
    Matteo

• Wich sotfware do you use to do you Bootable USB ?

Long Live Antergos
    [Major Linux Problems on the Desktop or Why Linux is not (yet) Ready for the Desktop, 2016 edition] (http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html)

• Hi @nekosan ,
    I do not know how to post a link here (it says my post wiull be flagged as a spam if I try).
    Anyway I downloaded the iso file from Antergos website and created a bootable usb following the instructions reported on Antergos site itself (not UNetbooting adn other softwares but from CLI).

Thanks,
    Matteo

• @MatteP This issue has been fixed in the ISO scripts. The fix will be included in the next ISO Refresh. I apologize for the inconvenience.

• @MatteP said:

…I would like to reinstall Antergos letting it occupy all the SSD memory and then reinstalling Windows on a smaller partition…

Just a note. Installing Windows as a 2nd, 3rd, Nth OS is not a good idea. Windows believes to be the only OS existing on the planet Earth, and doesn’t take into account other OS that may be installed on a computer. Like Linux does.

If you want to keep Windows, follow the rule of three F. Windows must be installed:

• as First operating system
    • on the First physical disk
    • in the First partition on it

This will prevent Windows from destroying everything already installed in the system.

• @just I would also add to use Windows Disk Management for shrinking the volumes too. Windows is super picky with partitions.

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• However, I have never had any issues using gparted, so far. And never had to use the bakups, either…

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 18.04 64bit Gnome
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

uefi37 booting problem19 blank screen10 Posts 7Views 2660
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.