• How to resize windows after placing them with `Super+Left/Right`

Hi,
    I am quite new to Antergos and I am liking what I have seen far. I recently just managed to get nice font display following the first step of the manjaro guide and installing yaourt -S freetype2-ubuntu fontconfig-ubuntu cairo-ubuntu.

The only remaining issue I am encountering is that after placing a window to the left or right of the screen using Super+Left or Super+Right, it is impossible to grab the edge of this window and resize it horizontally. Using the Alt+F8 resize shortcut does not work either.

Is this a know problem in Gnome or is it specific to Antergros or maybe even my machine? Is there anything I can do to fix it? A usual workflow for me is to put a window to the left or right of the screen and then making it a little bit wider when the webpage require horizontal scrolling, so this is quite a nuisance.

• The behavior you are experiencing is due to how window states are handled I believe the window tiling code is being rewritten and should hopefully resolve this issue in the near future.

• Thank you for the information. I tried a few workarounds (the extensions gTiles and PutWindows), but nothing really worked they way I wanted. This is such a big part of my workflow, that I will have to use another DE (since the initial bug report is so old, I imagine a fix might take a while).

I have been through, KDE, Gnome, Cinnamon, Mate and XCFE now and I still can’t find one that fits me as well as Unity (I know, I’m special). Maybe I should just try to get Unity working on Antergos…

• @cheflo Have you tried openbox? You may be able to customize the window snapping so it snaps to the size you need (with out you having to rezise it.)

• Actually, after trying to get used to KDE and XCFE, and a short escapade in the land of tiling window managers, I am back on Gnome. The key is that I now managed to install PutWindows correctly by downloading the zip from the github page instead of by enabling it from the gnome-shell homepage (which does not work for me with any extension…).

PutWindows makes the first +Left/Right snap the window to the respective side and resize it to 50% of the screen width, the second press resizes it to 66% and the third to 34% (percentages can be modified). It also uses a different command for resizing so the window can be resized with the mouse even when it is a 50% (which is what was not working for me initially). Now I can continue my migration to Antergos as my main OS!

Posts 5Views 1283
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.