• Install VMWare 12 on antergos

Hello Antergos Community,

I just switched from openSuse 42.1 to Antergos (antergos-2015.12.21-x86_64.iso) because i’m very curious about this distro. Lets see if it meets my expectations.

Anyway, i require to have vmware installed on my machine because, i still use many windows applications.

thanks and i’m hopeful for an fast answer !!0_1451076488907_Captura de ecrã de 2015-12-25 19-29-24.png

Here is the error in printscreen.

• With the implementation of systemd we no longer require a init.d folder. I would try just to create the directory and put a file in it just to satisfy the program and see if it works.

Also, you might want to try pointing it a profile.d

I have no idea what im talking about.

• I did try to point to /etc/init.d and /etc/profile.d, it stops the warning that i i’ve shown to you, but it starts showing a brand new warning that i need to jump start the vmware services in systemd since boot. (i know it is systemd because @Fedorai-Zomakaja pointed this out)

My logic with @Fedorai-Zomakaja help: If i knew where those vmware*.service files are located, maybe i could setup them manually.

here is the pic 0_1451093362570_Captura de ecrã de 2015-12-26 00-06-01.png

• can you give me the output of

ls /etc/init.d/
  • Never mind. This problem has already been solved. Lucky us, we dont have to play detective.

Here is the solution to your problem.

• To my surprise, virtualbox works perfectly on antergos, so i switched from vmware to this opensource solution. I have photoshop and illustrator installed with 3d acceleration working perfectly. You just need to start your virtual machina, go to Devices and select Guest Additions CD image. Now i just installed.

I now don’t see the need to use vmware workstation 12. And, anyway this was simpler for me. Maybe i could test somewhere in the future, but can’t guarantee.

Posts 6Views 3132
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.