• Install VMWare 12 on antergos

Hello Antergos Community,

I just switched from openSuse 42.1 to Antergos (antergos-2015.12.21-x86_64.iso) because i’m very curious about this distro. Lets see if it meets my expectations.

Anyway, i require to have vmware installed on my machine because, i still use many windows applications.

thanks and i’m hopeful for an fast answer !!0_1451076488907_Captura de ecrã de 2015-12-25 19-29-24.png

Here is the error in printscreen.

• With the implementation of systemd we no longer require a init.d folder. I would try just to create the directory and put a file in it just to satisfy the program and see if it works.

Also, you might want to try pointing it a profile.d

I have no idea what im talking about.

Cheers! I don't know what I'm talking about!

• I did try to point to /etc/init.d and /etc/profile.d, it stops the warning that i i’ve shown to you, but it starts showing a brand new warning that i need to jump start the vmware services in systemd since boot. (i know it is systemd because @Fedorai-Zomakaja pointed this out)

My logic with @Fedorai-Zomakaja help: If i knew where those vmware*.service files are located, maybe i could setup them manually.

here is the pic 0_1451093362570_Captura de ecrã de 2015-12-26 00-06-01.png

• can you give me the output of

ls /etc/init.d/

• Never mind. This problem has already been solved. Lucky us, we dont have to play detective.

Here is the solution to your problem.

• To my surprise, virtualbox works perfectly on antergos, so i switched from vmware to this opensource solution. I have photoshop and illustrator installed with 3d acceleration working perfectly. You just need to start your virtual machina, go to Devices and select Guest Additions CD image. Now i just installed.

I now don’t see the need to use vmware workstation 12. And, anyway this was simpler for me. Maybe i could test somewhere in the future, but can’t guarantee.

Posts 6Views 1986