• What's Bastien Computer?

When i try to look my bluetooth device, :

"visible as “bastien’s computer” and available for bluetooth file trans… Transferred files are replaced “downloads” folder…

Ok, what is Bastien? and My bluetotth stuced…

• ‘bastien’s computer’ is the computer you obviously are working from.
    It’s the name that you most likely gave to your computer when you set it up.
    That is what that means.
    As for files being transferred, those normally go directly into your downloads folder /home/mr.dmrbg/Downloads

sorry, but what do you mean by ...and My bluetotth stuced…
    what does ‘stuced’ mean?
    stuck?
    how “stuck”?
    You need to be precise and explicit about your situation.

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

• Haha, no @Modisc , it is not the device name he gave. I am also having the same issue with DELLs (only) in GNOME. Before…“visible as Bastiens computer”, in GNOME 3.18 this is, I was having a different…visible name with GNOME 3.16 which changed on updating to 3.18!!!:laughing:
    . Apart from that, as @mr-dmrbg mentions, NOTHING else is active to setup bluetooth or search for devices to connect.

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• @anarch
    Ok. I am confused.
    Are you saying that @mr-dmrbg currently sees his computer as “bastein’s computer” when it should actually say “mr-dmrbg computer”?
    If that is what you mean, that is truly weird.
    The only thing that I can think of at the moment is to check man hostnamectl for configuring the host name so that it might show up correctly.
    As for bluetooth, bluetoothctl would be the best way to set up the bluetooth for sending/recieving/ etc…

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

• Well. I actually said what I am seeing on my own computer. Which happens to be the very exact thing mr-dmrbg sees,as well. For me this is happening to any DELL laptop I have installed Antergos/gnome. It is happening only with DELLs (laptops) & only with Arch (not other distros):grin: !

Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500

• @anarch
    This is mine:

hostnamectl
       Static hostname: DellXPS-15
             Icon name: computer-laptop
               Chassis: laptop
            Machine ID: 57ab45711920499cba4e7424c492a2d7
               Boot ID: 842e3114814f4f9da55ce6034f7cb6fd
      Operating System: Antergos Linux
                Kernel: Linux 4.1.15-1-lts
          Architecture: x86-64

and
    echo $DESKTOP_SESSION gnome
    and I realize you mentioned that it is not the device name but what the laptop is " seen " as by another device. Is this correct?
    Regardless, this is also mine. Obviously not as it is 'seen ’ by but what it is called internally.

[bluetooth]# show
    Controller E8:2A:EA:B1:B3:49
    	Name: DellXPS-15
    	Alias: DellXPS-15

I would really be interested in knowing how your own machine is recognized as something else while you have a DELL, as I do, and run Gnome on it, as I also do.

• @Modisc , this is what I can see in system settings…To be honest, I never took any time looking into any configuration needed manually, since I never use it. I just happened to see this thread and joined in…
    http://imgur.com/8iB4Zud
    And this is mine…

Static hostname: anarch
             Icon name: computer-laptop
               Chassis: laptop
            Machine ID: 7efdd62fbf204471897823596ad2ede9
               Boot ID: 3ba58824174c4139bf696aca3d8b1b53
      Operating System: Antergos
                Kernel: Linux 4.2.5-1-ARCH
          Architecture: x86-64```

• First, sorry for bad english sentencing.

@anarch Glad to Be Happy to Know aGnomeish name . The name Bastien is clearly understand.

@Modisc Yes, I was stucked with my bluetooth device/service. When try to connect, it had already been frozen, and I just seeing “Bastien’sComputer” on gnome-bluetooth device choser gui.

@Modisc, but all other checkings is for my name -not Bastien.
  • First, sorry for bad english sentencing.

@anarch Glad to Be Happy to Know aGnomeish name . The name Bastien is clearly understand.

@Modisc Yes, I was stucked with my bluetooth device/service. When try to connect, it had already been frozen, and I just seeing “Bastien’sComputer” on gnome-bluetooth device choser gui.

@Modisc, but all other checkings is for my name -not Bastien.

• @anarch and @mr-dmrbg
    For this operation, you will have to use the vi editor. Your favorite text editor will NOT work for this exercise.
    Before you proceed, it is best to turn your bluetooth agent off
    Now do the following first.
    sudo su
    then cd /var/lib/bluetooth/ . Then ls
    you will find more then one device and/or controller file name listed therein.
    cd into that specific file name. Then ls
    you will see two files cache and settings
    cd cache then ls
    you will some files that have the file names of your devices and/or controllers.

Use the cat command to find which one is the device and/or controller file name you want to change.
    It will look start and look like this

[General]
    Name=change this name to one you want to change it to. 

use the “write” command and “quit” command to exit out of vi editor after your changes.

Since you had already turned your agent off do the following:
    bluetoothctl
    then do agent-on
    then do list
    You will now have the devices listed.
    Choose the one you want to see to double check to ensure the name was changed.
    Then do
    show-attributes "the character/number/letter listing of your device and/or controller"
    you can also do show "your device/controller name here"
    For the sake of interest, you can also do hciconfig -a

EDIT: One other option you may have is to rm said troublesome file.
    It might be recreated upon bootup/login.

• I made a fresh installation after this post… If it repeat I’m going to try your instructions… Thanks @Modisc

• @Modisc

"sudo su
    then cd /var/lib/bluetooth/ . Then ls
    you will find more then one device and/or controller file name listed therein.
    cd into that specific file name. Then ls " --There’s not “cache” files…

I solved the issue with “rfkill” . “rfkill unblock bluetooth” :)

• @mr-dmrbg
    Wonderful!

• @Modisc I can’t mark the thread as solved… Maybe You can… thanks.

Posts 14Views 3741