• KDE Wayland ISO

so tested out a new iso from kde that includes wayland as the default session. its a kubuntu build. wish i could say more about it but it crashed soon after the desktop came up. tried to open some menus and it just stalled out.

so not much testing :laughing:

im mostly interested in KDE because of them pushing wayland along. not sure why the rest of the linux community isnt making bigger strides? pretty much been talking about wayland for 5 years. time to make it happen :+1:

• @megaman said:

im mostly interested in KDE because of them pushing wayland along. not sure why the rest of the linux community isnt making bigger strides?

What do you mean "why the rest of the linux community isnt making bigger strides? ". I am running Wayland :smile: with Gnome right now that I m typing this. No issues to report so far…

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• @megaman Try in Antergos? https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/plasma-wayland-session/

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• @anarch no you are quite right ;) it seems gnome is doing even better with wayland :) i just meant as default in many distros. is there one distro out there that uses wayland as default?

@Wyn ya i know wayland is released but i dont think its stable to use.

• @megaman : I think next Fedora release will be using wayland by default.

• {OFF TOPIC}
    @karasu , according to the Gnome roadmap, the wayland default implementation is scheduled with the release of 3.20 (in March, this is). So far, there are (minor) issues. Some Gnome extentions and Pamac applet (you are warned about updates in the notification area, though) are not compatible. Otherwise, it works like charm.

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• well thats good news if it is going default in some distros this year. just seems like something that should have been done long ago. been hearing about it forever.

Posts 7Views 1472