• Boot to LiveUSB hangs

Ok, got the iso (thank goodness for your TB! of junk

It booted the laptop fine, I downloaded the updated installer and ran…I had to use the option --force as it would not overwrite the existing files without.

It is now installing a base xfce system. I do not have a fast connection so it is on 6% I guess it will take another hour or so, at least. I will update after I reboot.

Hopefully the packages are still stored in /var/cache/pacman/pkg or something like that so that I can save them to a pen drive and reuse them when I do an install again later.

Thanks! and All the best

• No problem, I’m glad that you are able to get this working. Just hold off on a kernel updates until you know this is resolved. Unfortunately, using the older iso means that most if not all the packages on the iso are outdated which makes them useless to Cnchi, in turn making your download time a bit longer. Once you have completed the installation, you can select “No” when asked to restart and grab the /var/cache/pacman/pkg contents from your new install’s partition.

Cheers!

• Well, to late :p

i am up and runnning. i had to manually install xfce4 as the installer did not seem to install it properly…but all looks GOOD

And, it is up to the latest kernel with no problem

Linux 3.12.1-3-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Nov 26 11:17:02 CET 2013 x86_64 GNU/Linux

So, not sure what it up with the new installers, but it seems to be fine. I was expecting the system to stay on LTS, but I either did something wrong with updating cnchi or it just updated all to latest anyway.

No need for LTS since 3.12 is working fine…still curious why the installers not working though

thanks again!

• Well that is certainly interesting. That implies it could actually be a bug in syslinux, which was recently updated to v6. However, it might be wise to report it against archiso first and let them decide if it needs to be reported further. I can take care of reporting the bug if you wouldn’t mind posting your complete system profile along with any other information you think is relevant. Thanks for reported this issue and seeing it all the way through to the end

PS> The Xfce install is a known issue that has already been corrected on our master branch. The iso’s will be updated soon with the fix.

Best Regards,

• I can take care of reporting the bug if you wouldn’t mind posting your complete system profile along with any other information you think is relevant

Based on “warmth” I have seen other people receive over there, I think I will leave you the info and happy to provide whatever additional information that maybe needed.

What is there a suggested format or info template for the complete system profile?

• Install “inxi” and run it with “-F” option (inxi -F)…That should be enough information

• Ok great. In addition to the first post info…here is

System: Host: auser Kernel: 3.12.1-3-ARCH x86\_64 (64 bit) Desktop: Xfce 4.10.2 Distro: Antergos  
    Machine: System: TOSHIBA product: PORTEGE R835 version: PT324U-01TLM1  
    Mobo: TOSHIBA model: Portable PC version: Version A0 Bios: TOSHIBA version: Version 3.10 date: 08/25/2011  
    CPU: Dual core Intel Core i3-2310M CPU (-HT-MCP-) cache: 3072 KB flags: (lm nx sse sse2 sse3 sse4\_1 sse4\_2 ssse3 vmx)   
    Clock Speeds: 1: 2061.117 MHz 2: 799.476 MHz 3: 799.968 MHz 4: 901.523 MHz  
    Graphics: Card: Intel 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller   
    X.Org: 1.14.4 driver: intel Resolution: [email protected]   
    GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel Sandybridge Mobile GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 9.2.4  
    Audio: Card: Intel 6 Series/C200 Series Family High Definition Audio Controller driver: snd\_hda\_intel   
    Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture ver: k3.12.1-3-ARCH  
    Network: Card-1: Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) driver: ath9k   
    IF: wlp4s0 state: up mac: d0:df:9a:22:dd:01  
    Card-2: Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection driver: e1000e   
    IF: enp0s25 state: down mac: e8:9d:87:3a:c4:28  
    Drives: HDD Total Size: 320.1GB (1.0% used) 1: id: /dev/sda model: ST9320421AS size: 320.1GB   
    Partition: ID: / size: 294G used: 2.9G (1%) fs: ext4   
    Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 45.0C mobo: N/A   
    Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A   
    Info: Processes: 115 Uptime: 8 min Memory: 228.2/3860.4MB Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 1.9.16   

• Thanks again for reporting this!

Cheers!

Posts 28Views 14221
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.