• Arch Linux dropping Plasma 4

Do you think it may be time to update the installer and add kde 5?

• @Doaxan said:

Do you think it may be time to update the installer and add kde 5?
    https://www.archlinux.org/news/dropping-plasma-4/

Can confirm that it has been removed.

• We’re working on it.

Cheers!

• Hallelujah.

@karasu Last I checked the package list hasn’t broke :+1: .

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• @karasu can’t wait :]
    any chance plasma 5 will be a testing option anytime soon?
    i’m contemplating doing a fresh install so if this werre to be an option i’d wait and help test!

• …and when Cnchi has the options of GNOME / KDE 5 plus all the other desktop environments, I cannot see why Antergos doesn’t make it to the top ten list of Distrowatch permanently!

• @QuantumQweef : Cnchi 0.13.352 already has Plasma 5 on its DE options. Needs a lot of testing, though.

@Noctem: Thanks for your kind words! We don’t know why it doesn’t, either.

• righteous :]

• @karasu d’you use kde at all?
    or is that another dev…?

• @karasu said:

@QuantumQweef : Cnchi 0.13.352 already has Plasma 5 on its DE options. Needs a lot of testing, though.

@Noctem: Thanks for your kind words! We don’t know why it doesn’t, either.

where can I find the Cnchi-0.13.352 build? currently, the latest dev build in the repos is at 0.13.346 :/

• Hi,

I’ve never used kde (well, that’s not true, I used KDE3 a while ago…). But KDE4 felt too much bloated for me, so I never got used to it.

I must admit that Plasma 5 feels totally different.

The “expert” on KDE4 is @lots.0.logs , and he is getting Plasma5 ready atm.

About testing development version of Cnchi, you’ll have to wait a little bit, I’m sorry.

• right on.
    i ended up being able to update to 352, and have gathered several logs && screenshots… which i hope can be used to help you guys in any way! should i take that jazz over to github?

yea, i guess i just started using linux initially when kde5 was already right around the corner… so can’t say I’ve had a good amount of experience w/ using any DE in particular. still trying on the different sizes seein which one fits best. so @karasu , you must be the gnome head then, huh?

• Hi!

Yes please, post an issue in github.

you must be the gnome head then, huh?

No, I’m the lead developer. Our current Gnome setup is based in all the work that @faidoc did some time ago.

Cheers!

• I have already mentioned, but it would be excellent to see a Live image of Antergos with Plasma 5 and another with Cinnamon at least. Never give up hope…

• Is the KDE plasma customisation ready? If nit do we have an ETA? My hand is scratching me for some Antergos KDE love (hopefully it will not be that bloated mess I have encountered in other similar distros)!

• Nope, it’s not ready, afaik. @lots.0.logs is doing all the work.

Posts 17Views 2643