• Graphics Drivers Installation

I’ve tried absolutely everything that I know. I’ve installed the correct version of the drivers that nVidia recommends, as well as all the Utils / libs. I’ve also uninstalled all the Nouveau drivers. I’ve even allowed one of my good friends of mine SSH into my computer to try to fix the issue.

I’ve tried all of the suggestions and fixes, but nothing seems to fix my issue with the drivers. Could I get some help with this?

• HI @udpsticky
    So what resources did you use and what problems, specifically, did you encounter? You did not say nor elaborate.
    Do you have log files from booting?
    Do you know for sure, 1st hand, that your computer can handle nVidia?
    What are your specs?

Can you do
    sudo lshw -class processor you may have to install lshw

better yet, do
    lspci -k | grep -A 2 -E "(VGA|3D)"
    that one is from the Arch Wiki.

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

• Thanks for responding @Modisc

From what the lshw said, I have an i7 4790K @ 4.2Ghz, and my graphics card is a GeForce GTX980 Reference card.

When I ran lspci, this is what it came back with:
    [[email protected] ~]$ lspci -k | grep -A 2 -E "(VGA|3D)"
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GM204 [GeForce GTX 980] (rev a1)
    Subsystem: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1116
    Kernel driver in use: nvidia

• The exact problem that I’m hacking is when I install and try to use my drivers for my Graphics Card, they don’t work. I’ve installed the driver version: 358.16 and all the utils / libs for it. But for some reason, when I run any game such as Minecraft, I get at most 10 FPS even though I can run 400 on Windows easily. I don’t have any logs from booting, if I do I don’t know where to see them.

• Hi.
    If you want to attain logs from booting, there is a stick here in the forum for getting them sticky

I myself always used some pastebin service.
    You might want to auto delete them after X amount of days if that option is provided at the pastebin service.

1. Where and what resources did you use to install nVidia? Arch Wiki.? Our Wiki? Both are accurate.
      Or did you go online to some other website?

2. Did you install bumblebee?

3. did you install install nvidia-libgl ?

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

Posts 5Views 1004