• Promote Antergos

I would love to participate more uin Antergos life, I’ve been using it since 2 or 3 years now I’ve not been on the forum because I rarely had a problem I couldn’t resolve my self. I’ve been promoting Antergos around me (with not much effect unfortunatly)

I can do Cinnamon I use it every day (and love it since I discovered it) but what will consist in beta testing Antergos ?

• I’m in. Just let me know when.

• @nekosan : It’s just that before releasing a new Cnchi release, you will have to install it (so you’ll be among the first to test it) installing “your” desktop. Then, report back to us if you find something odd with the DE (big icons? odd fonts? theme not applied… mainly if there is something broken, this sort of things).

Again, please, correct me if I am wrong. We have:

Community team:
    @Noctem (his own blog)
    @anarch
    @Wyn (reddit, IIRC)

Beta Testers:
    XFCE: @linuxhelmet
    Openbox: @megaman
    MATE: @nitrogen_sky
    Cinnamon: @nekosan
    Gnome: @joekamprad
    Nobody for KDE?

OK. I’ll send you a message soon, just to confirm that you’re in.

Thanks to all!

• I can try to do that, on a VM and I have a spare laptop.

• @karasu , I confirm the community team part.
    As for a beta gnome tester, since I am low in resourses (HD & RAM capacities) will it have to be installed in hardware or a VM would be ok?

• Of course you can count me in on the community team. We should schedule a meeting, on IRC maybe, to create a plan of action!

Plus something totally off -topic : What about Antergos merchandise?

• @anarch : A VM is ok. It’s not to test the installation per se, but the DE setup. Which DE are you more comfortable with?

@Noctem : I’m more active in IRC these days (and I will be from now on).

Cheers!

• @karasu said:

@anarch : A VM is ok. It’s not to test the installation per se, but the DE setup. Which DE are you more comfortable with?

Well, as my signature indicates, the one and only…Gnome!😆

Cheers!

• @karasu if no one picks up KDE ill also test on it. ive been getting more interested in KDE.

im actually testing out the new KDE wayland iso just released from KDE site. so curious to see how its working.

• Community team:
    @Noctem (his own blog)
    @anarch
    @Wyn (reddit, IIRC)

Beta Testers:
    XFCE: @linuxhelmet
    Openbox: @megaman
    MATE: @nitrogen_sky
    Cinnamon: @nekosan
    Gnome3: @joekamprad and @anarch
    KDE5: @megaman

@megaman : Thanks and do not worry, lots.0.logs is already working and testing Plasma5, so you won’t be alone.

Apart from testing I expect you guys to give us a lot of ideas ;) I’ll get back to you when we’ve established how to do so in an efficient way.

Cheers!

• I am in shure!

• im surprised not more people using KDE? 😯

• @megaman

If @karasu is fine with me using the kde-unstable repo I could give it a go.

• @karasu I think that is a great idea. and I think many of us are willing to help.

• i think if we make a testing section on the forum we should include instructions on installing virtualbox for people
    https://forum.antergos.com/topic/1102/how-to-install-virtualbox-in-antergos-tutorial

here is one but could probably use a clean up.

also devs should give instructions on what to report and to look for.

• @megaman The Wiki is the proper place for such information ;-)

• @lots.0.logs ya i agree just wasnt sure what was going on with the wiki. i havent been able to access it for a while on my end.

• @megaman Are you unable to access it now?

• @lots.0.logs its working fine now 👍

• There is a FB page mainly focussing on Antergos and Architect. But most of the people seem to use Antergos.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/antergos.evolution/

Posts 88Views 34025
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.