• Promote Antergos

Hi,

I’m working on the roadmap. I’ve checked Trello and we’ll use it (at least for Cnchi).
    https://trello.com/b/pZBBig1h/cnchi-antergos-installer

About the community team, I think it’s a great idea. Let’s see who wants to join and what should be their goals.

I’ve got another idea: A Desktop Environment beta testing group. For instance, I’m thinking about @megaman , that he would be the perfect fit for Openbox DE beta tester.

This person should test the DE (on a VM it’s fine) and should find any mistakes that the DE has (font doesn’t show ok, icons are too big, some apps that are in the menu are not installed…). He (or she) also could provide ideas and improvements.

We would be looking for one beta tester for each DE:

• Gnome
    • KDE (Plasma 5)
    • Enlightenment
    • Cinnamon
    • Lxqt
    • Mate
    • XFCE
    • Openbox

It should be the DE you use daily (so it’s easy for you to spot any mistakes).
    You would get mention in our website (as a member of our beta testing team)
    What do you think?

• Where we can find statistics about this forum? are there some? like how many users and how many posts ???
    And i am in for gnome beta testing if it is usefull!

• @karasu said:

About the community team, I think it’s a great idea. Let’s see who wants to join and what should be their goals.

I’ve got another idea: A Desktop Environment beta testing group. For instance, I’m thinking about @megaman , that he would be the perfect fit for Openbox DE beta tester.

I am all in for the community team! Should we hold an IRC chat or something other real time? Or a new thread here for guides / goals?
    As for the beta testing, I would gladly contribute to the Cinnamon DE version, but my laptop is my only PC and the 128gb SSD is mostly full… I have something on my mind though, so @karasu I might ping you on this.

• @Noctem

Should we hold an IRC chat

The #antergos channel at freenode.org is pretty active 👍 .

• @Wyn I know! ;)

• I keep forgeting about IRC. It has never been in my workflow. I’m getting old… 😬

• There is no doubt in my mind that this distro, is or might see a lot more user traffic for it.
    It will take time, but just you watch.
    From what I just read on the 'to do ’ list, it’s pretty amazing.

• I would love to beta test! I’ve currently got a desktop running vga passthrough that has 3tb dedicated to it, so I could just spin up any mentioned above. Send me a link/message me/smoke signal for beta testing and I’ll do what I can!

As for daily driver I’m using xfce only because on my laptop it clocked me the longest battery life. (3 1/2 hrs vs 2 ish on all others) Having a option to choose login managers in Cnchi would be cool as well. I do love lightdm however and see it as a good default login manager (no hate for lightdm lol) but giving users the option would be awesome.

As for multiplatform I was referrring to phones and tablets. I see it as something that’s becoming a reality in the 'buntu world but haven’t seen anything for Arch (except kde mobile), let alone Antergos. This would be the biggest stretch if nothing is currently already being worked on, but again just an idea. :)

• @karasu said:

I keep forgeting about IRC. It has never been in my workflow. I’m getting old… 😬

same here 👍 i just find the web forum more convenient.

• @karasu said:

Hi,

I’m working on the roadmap. I’ve checked Trello and we’ll use it (at least for Cnchi).
    https://trello.com/b/pZBBig1h/cnchi-antergos-installer

This person should test the DE (on a VM it’s fine) and should find any mistakes that the DE has (font doesn’t show ok, icons are too big, some apps that are in the menu are not installed…). He (or she) also could provide ideas and improvements.

We would be looking for one beta tester for each DE:

• Gnome
    • KDE (Plasma 5)
    • Enlightenment
    • Cinnamon
    • Lxqt
    • Mate
    • XFCE
    • Openbox

It should be the DE you use daily (so it’s easy for you to spot any mistakes).
    You would get mention in our website (as a member of our beta testing team)
    What do you think?

sounds like a good idea 👍

• I like the idea of beta testing, but is there somewhere I can put some suggestions ? For exemple I have to main suggestions 👍
    -> having the choice between open source and prorpietary drivers in cnchi
    -> for cinnamon reduce the number of entries in the menu -> system, this sub menu is bloated with ALL the option from the system settings panel it would be greate on fresh install to just have in there a shortcut to said panel.

• +1 for a place for suggestions. Maybe add a new spot in the forum for suggestions? Then users can post ideas and can heart an idea if they like it. Then the more hearts the more likely a dev might see it?

• @Wyn I was thinking a service outside the forum like a bug tracker but just for suggestions, the forum is good for talking but things tend to be lost in forums.

• @Wyn ill have to try it out soon. i havent been on irc in over 10 years 😊

• @linuxhelmet said:

+1 for a place for suggestions. Maybe add a new spot in the forum for suggestions? Then users can post ideas and can heart an idea if they like it. Then the more hearts the more likely a dev might see it?

i have a feedback area stickied in the openbox area.

https://forum.antergos.com/topic/1256/openbox-feedback/3

maybe we could sticky a feedback on the top of each desktop section. pretty easy to review that info and add more at anytime. really could use it for bug reports also.

• Unfortunately, I have abandoned most of my social media accounts. I may be able to begin again. Also, I would be honored to test MATE. I have been using it for a couple of years and it has won me over as my DE of choice.

• Hi,

Please, correct me if I am wrong. We have:

Community team:
    @Noctem (his own blog)
    @anarch
    @Wyn (reddit, IIRC)

Beta Testers:
    XFCE: @linuxhelmet
    Openbox: @megaman
    MATE: @nitrogen_sky

Nobody for Gnome and KDE?

• @karasu I can do the betastesting for Gnome…

Posts 88Views 34025
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.