• Desktop wallpaper goes gray, but it configured for an image.

This just started happened today. Pretty recent fresh install with gnome 3.18, just ran a pacman Syu this morning. Restarted later in the day.

1. Immediately after entering my password in LightDM I see the correct desktop wallpaper, but it fades to Gray within a second or so
    2. If I press the Super Key (Windows Key) that screen shows the correct desktop wallpaper.
    3. When I select Power Off it switches to the correct desktop wallpaper.
    4. If I switch to other virtual desktops, they are wrong (gray background).

I poked around in the tweak tool, didn’t see anything obvious. To clarify, the computer is functional, just the desktop wall paper is not showing. (This is not to be confused with the LightDM white/black/gray screen issues which prevent the desktop from working.) Suggestions on what might be causing this?

• I’m still having this issue and can’t figure out what the cause is. Any suggestions appreciated.

• I’m having the same problem,running gnome-shell

• For me this bug happens when i activate the option in Gnome Tweak Tool “Icons on desktop”.

If i disable, the wallpapers starts showing.

I don’t know any solution for this. This might be a bug i guess? I have antergos installed for 1 day only!!

To illustrate the problem, i did two print-screen.

0_1451142274094_Screenshot from 2015-12-26 14-56-57.png

0_1451141908447_Screenshot from 2015-12-26 14-57-09.png

You can see that after i activate the option, “Icons on desktop”, the grey background appears.

• First of all sorry for my english…
    The problem is caused by the ‘numix-frost-themes’ package in up to 3 versions. Downgrading to versions 2.5 problem doesn’t exist. Alternatively, select another GTK+ theme (for example ‘Adwaita’).
    I’m waiting for a ‘numix-frost-themes’ upgrade that solves this issue.

• @al_SeveR said:

First of all sorry for my english…
    The problem is caused by the ‘numix-frost-themes’ package in up to 3 versions. Downgrading to versions 2.5 problem doesn’t exist. Alternatively, select another GTK+ theme (for example ‘Adwaita’).
    I’m waiting for a ‘numix-frost-themes’ upgrade that solves this issue.

Thanks for the information, yes you’re right, the problem is caused by the numix-frost-themes!

• Hey All, I have the same problem but I just re-installed Antergos. After login I get a black then grey desktop where it will sit. How do I get to a real desktop? I don’t want to have to re-install Antergos again. I haven’t had a chance to configure anything.

• Thanks, simply picking an alternate GTK theme in Tweak Tool fixed the issue.

• I don’t think this is an issue a recent update to Numix as I just tried rolling back some packages and it didn’t have any effect – and indeed it’s only an issue with Nautilus is running. I think it’s actually a Gtk update that’s changing the way Nautilus desktop transparency, which breaks the way Numix is written. Someone needs to be made aware of this upstream though…

• https://github.com/shimmerproject/Numix/issues/272

FYI. Looks like a simple fix if one of the Antergos maintainers wants to make it.

• Yes, is a Numix Theme problem, i have the same problem, i like Numix but i prefer use other themes for have my custom wallpaper.
    So, in addition with antergos gnome i have a problem, i haven’t terminal’s transparency, and i like have my terminal with tranparency.
    Fortunattelly i installed guake and i have a terminal with transparency.

• @plshelpnewbie said:

the wallpapers starts showing.

cool, i will change gtk theme, ty so much for information.

• The solution is not working for me. Also I changed gtk.css file and nothing worked for me. Desktop is still gray and useless.

• @toni.ivelinov.petkov , could you please start a new topic describing your issue with more details?
    This thread is old, was fixed and basically, it is not about an unusable desktop as you described yours.

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

Posts 14Views 4247